ceva logistics

samueltp2

Seasoned Expediter
does anyone here have work with ceva logistics if yes plz i need any info that i could get hoppefully something good but i need good and bad

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
does anyone here have work with ceva logistics if yes plz i need any info that i could get hoppefully something good but i need good and bad

I worked for them before they pulled out of Fort Wayne, In
A few others here have worked for them and I know Geo still works for them.
Are you looking at Ceva Freight (Local work)
Ceva Ground they drive the tractor trailers or
Ceva Expedite?
I worked Ceva Freight in a 26' daycab straight truck
Also did runs for Ceva Expedite, but never got any runs going back home, so it didn't really work out for me. With a daycab I had to get motel rooms and head back after one day(we also had to log vans don't), I guess in a van you could hang out longer and sleep in the van.

Last edited:

samueltp2

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you for your info I'm thinking local work in a sprinter I currently have a fdx ground route here in pa
but I'm tired I have to go up and down of a truck 326 time. To make about 1200 to 1350 weekly and I'm looking for other horizons trying new thing that make the same cash and with less efford you know

samueltp2

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you for your info I'm thinking local work in a sprinter I currently have a fdx ground route here in pa
but I'm tired I have to go up and down of a truck 326 time. To make about 1200 to 1350 weekly and I'm looking for other horizons trying new thing that make the same cash and with less efford you know

samueltp2

Seasoned Expediter

Seasoned Expediter
Dakota, do you know or have any contacts at ceva ground looking to drive tractor trailer again. Thanks

str8trk

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
At the end of the day CEVA is a freight forwarder ( Formerly Eagle Global Logistics ) They use alot of o/o's to peddle their local pu&d work

Dakota

Veteran Expediter

I worked for FedEx Home Delivery, I know how it is :eek:
tough job
I'd go into the local terminal and speak to the manager directly, take your Sprinter, it always helps to show off your vehicle. If they know you have a van then you are more serious than someone looking to get into it without a vehicle. I'd ask to speak to the other drivers or at least look at pay sheets from the last year. Geo runs a Sprinter for Ceva, shoot him a PM if you have more questions
I honestly thin the Sprinter guys had it made at Ceva, running in a straight truck it wasn't so great, but we had three trucks on and only really needed one and I was #3 truck

Deville

Not a Member
I've been intrested in CEVA for a while, but I heard they are having difficulties & maybe going under. Any truth to that rumor?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been interested in CEVA for a while, but I heard they are having difficulties & maybe going under. Any truth to that rumor?

I think they are just re-modeling...too many terminals..shucking many employees/liabilities....most carriers are doing this..

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I've been intrested in CEVA for a while, but I heard they are having difficulties & maybe going under. Any truth to that rumor?

I don't think there is any truth to that. What they are doing after buying out EGL is consolidating and getting rid of the the money loosing branches. But what do I know LOL:) Check out the website Ceva is a huge worldwide company the US market is just a piece of the pie

What OVM said!!!

Last edited:

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
ceva has like other company how to make a better mouse trap

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
We had a quite a few vans that had no logos
All of the straight trucks had logos, which for all three of us was a waste of time since we had them put on and taken off within one year