CEO out at panther! What's going on now?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh...I just don't know? If a carrier makes millions and is increasing those millions, then cuts the drivers rate, I wouldn't see any problem with trashing them. I would certainly hope they weren't expecting any kind loyalty.
One of those, "you get what you give".

Dave i can still respect the man and not the position....

Swamp30

Active Expediter
i know jeff and everyone else at e1..i left there long ago..i live in buchanan...jeff did more than pantherize them..it went down hill when keith was forced out..the board of directors had a big hand in it also..being they know nothing of freight since they were mainly all from notre dame at that time, they only wanted to see increase in trucks..so to sustain a bigger fleet they dropped rates to customers..e1 is nothing like it used to be. then the bush lease deals killed a lot of things also there..
also far owners and how they run things not really much u can do..if u dont like it get your own or deal with it.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That would be the answer. If they aren't the right fit then you move on. They certainly aren't the only game in town. In most of these cases the greatest reward is to become their competition.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Had to as much as they paid for the cat!!

They paid for Panther with money from thier Reserves, but I dont think it was coincidence that Andy was let go, Two days after ABF announced 7million loss...even though Panther and thier other non asset companies turned Profits. .

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I am friends with Jeff personally. He is an upstanding individual and he truly cared about E1. Yes he was the President during hard times and that is never a popular job when things are tough. Jeff may have been under a lot of pressure from the new owners but they did not force him out into opinion. He was presented with a great opportunity in his old industry of banking. It also kept him right there. He is very tied to the community and that was a big thing to him. I can't speak as to Andy's departure.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I heard from a Panther straight truck driver that Andy teamed up with Ed Wadel and together they bought a Sprinter.