Central California - Bakersfield

ATCO

Expert Expediter
This is an open invitation,
If anyone ends up getting a load to Southern/Central California and ends up on I-5 or Hwy 99 found yourself going through Bakersfield. I am located in Bak-o and would enjoy the opportunity to meet up if so desired. Just PM me or send me an e-mail.

or

If you have passed through town (I travel between Sacramento and Bakersfield and even onto L.A. regularly) on any of those roads mentioned send me a message with what time(s) your were here and a short discription of your truck. Would be fun to see If I saw you or not. I'll try to wave at Expeditors trucks for now on :D...

-Joe Bohannon
Bakersfield, CA
(New B, Researching)

ATCO

Expert Expediter
Sighting

I'd like to post here when I sight an Expediter truck, in hopes of seeing if they are members... If so, to say Hi... Although most chances will be while on the road and unable to actually say it in person... If I snap a pic., I'll add them too.

Following the theme here, I've got one:

Sighted today (2/28/05) Northbound at about 12:45 - 1:00p on I-5 just south of the I-5/Hwy 99 split north of grapevine. Fed Ex CC D unit (plain white w/FECC decals). Newer International (4300/4400)with a newer (large) Alumi-Bunk sleeper. I'd say it looks to be a pretty new unit. Believe to have had white steel wheels. No pic.

If this is your unit, please respond and say hello... Hope the rain wasn't to bad for your trip...

-Joe Bohannon
Bakersfield, CA
Wannabe

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: Sighting

Joe how is it going,sounds like you are running loads.Any problems with the CA DOT?

ATCO

Expert Expediter
RE: Sighting

Kraig, If I see you, I'm pretty sure I'll know it in that sharp T300 of yours.

RichM, Yeah, I am going through some personal issues at the moment (maybe divorce) and haven't gotten the company started yet... I still do make deliveries for the family business tho, and it does get me on the road quite a bit. I will be on a 400-500 mile trip tomarrow for example.

Take care guys...
-Joe Bohannon
Bakersfield, CA
Wannabe

ATCO

Expert Expediter
Sighting

Got a new one...
3/8/2005 at 5:00p PST
Fed-Ex Custom Critical
Off of Hwy 99 and Buck Owens in Bakersfield. Either at the Beacon or Zingo's dinner.

Newer International, 7000 series. Alumi-Bunk built truck with the larger Alumi-bunk sleeper. 24'(?) van body w/Lift gate. Texas Plates (I think) and Hazmat placards. on the bumper (not displaying HM). White with traditional FECC graphics. I went back down and got pics.
Here is one.

http://www.atcotransportation.com/images/FECC03080501.JPG

-Joe Bohannon
Bakersfield, CA
Wannabe