Cell phones service and pagers

Searge

Expert Expediter
I've used Sprint for my cell phone service over the last year out on the road. I'm very satisfied with it.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Welcome to EO!

In my opinion AT&T is the best deal if you are able to get it in your city. They have great Nationwide rates and packages too. What I like about their program is even when you are "off their" network - you still have service...without roaming fees!

Becareful of services that claim to have Nationwide service - but only when you are on their network.

Lawrence
Expediters Online.com

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We have 2 services, Cingular Wireless which has given great results over the country and we have another phone with Verizon which is the absolute pits.Verizon disconnects for no reason,the customer service department obviously uses halfway house and released criminals whose sole function is to get you off the phone asap. I have heard good things about AT&T plus Altel..But Cingular has really worked out well.

LrBcom

Expert Expediter
In working all over the US for several years, I have used AT&T with excellent results. Many times there were people with other services standing right next to me and they were having trouble with cell phone reception.

action

Expert Expediter
Well it looks as if you have made a good selection on your cell phone. But, there are no replys about pagers, so I guess I will be the first.
I use the "weblink wireless" pager. I have found it to be the BEST investment in communicatios I have made. Some of the features are:

works in places most others don't
nationwide is automatic
toll free numbers available (low additional cost)
there best program is only $29.95 / mo.

BUT the best part is you can send AND receive EMAIL!
Email to and from other weblink devices, computers on line, QualComs.
Any system that can send or receive email you can be in touch with.
You get News, weather and sports each day as part of the package.

You can check out there web site at www.weblinkwireless.com if you want. Low "AA" battery consumption, and many other features I'm not going to list now. I purchased my pager at Radio Shack, others have gotten them at BestBuy and there may be other stores that I don't know about.

I do NOT get any commission, kick back or do I work for WebLink. But as you can see I LOVE this device! Check it out you may find it's the one for you. If you have any other questions email me and I will try to help. I have been driving a "B" unit for just under 2.5 years. I too use Cingular as my cell phone provider and am happy with there service. I also use a laptop and a DeLorme GPS receiver and there mapping software.
Be Safe!

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have been using a dual band Sprint PCS for two years now with nearly flawless results. I just bring the phone with me, and thus don't need a pager. I have added the wireless web option, which makes the phone into a modem for my laptop. Great for on the road e-mail and for times when you need to get on the web for information. On a few instances where I couldn't find a place on my mapping program and had no phone number, I have found companies' websites and have located them that way without ever leaving my truck.
-Weave-