Cell Phones/Internet

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
sprint with free roaming plan is my pick. Sprint phones roam on Verizon so you have the same coverage with out the HUGE price tag.

I use clear for 4G internet. I do NOT suggest them as their coverage is spotty at best in big cities (just so happens MPLS is not to bad) and worthless on the roads. Plus it uses wimax technology that will be dead in 2015 in sprints world.

If your a light internet user. Root your phone or use a teather app so your single phone can do double duty.

I am what sprint would call a "heavy" internet user. 10 gigs in one month. I have never had my speeds limited nor have they threatened to cut me off.

RMPM01

Seasoned Expediter
I used to have T-mobil, I would not recommend it. Now I'm with AT&T which is great for me. I hear Verizon is great as well.

I used to stream internet from my Iphone when it was "jail broken" before I lost it, so now I'm in search of wireless internet

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
I have wireless internet which uses a sims card and I'm grandfathered in on unlimited data
and as long as I keep my bill paid I'll be able to keep my current plan.

The thing that keeps me wondering is if I were to put my sims card into my phone would it allow
me to download apps and go on the internet.

Both devices are with the same carrier and when I ask this question to some that may be in the know they say I don't know...try it they say!

Thanks

denny2010

Expert Expediter
I use a Verizon mobile hot spot. Works great in most areas. Even to play xbox360 live on it..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I use an i phone and have 5gig of internet a month, never use it all, I tether it to my laptop and i pad, works for me most of the time. I'm thinking of getting into the verison 10g plan with a twice what i have with att at less than double the price myfi gadget for up to 5 devices, 10 g a month @ 80.00,

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
sprint with free roaming plan is my pick. Sprint phones roam on Verizon so you have the same coverage with out the HUGE price tag.

I use clear for 4G internet. I do NOT suggest them as their coverage is spotty at best in big cities (just so happens MPLS is not to bad) and worthless on the roads. Plus it uses wimax technology that will be dead in 2015 in sprints world.

If your a light internet user. Root your phone or use a teather app so your single phone can do double duty.

I am what sprint would call a "heavy" internet user. 10 gigs in one month. I have never had my speeds limited nor have they threatened to cut me off.

Sprint does not get to roam off of all of Verizon's towers so the coverage isn't the same. Sprint also has the slowest internet of the 4 main carriers so again it is not the same. If you were to be considered a heavy user for to long they will disconnect your line. My brother had his air card shut off after the average usage reached a certain point. They also just disconnected his phone because he was roaming to much while talking. It is kind of odd that Sprint sold a bunch of their towers to try and dig out of their major financial difficulties but then penalize their customers for using those same towers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
verizon user and I get a ta card for 20.oo a month unlimited useage-to keep the verizon cost down

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Sprint does not get to roam off of all of Verizon's towers so the coverage isn't the same. Sprint also has the slowest internet of the 4 main carriers so again it is not the same. If you were to be considered a heavy user for to long they will disconnect your line. My brother had his air card shut off after the average usage reached a certain point. They also just disconnected his phone because he was roaming to much while talking. It is kind of odd that Sprint sold a bunch of their towers to try and dig out of their major financial difficulties but then penalize their customers for using those same towers.

I have been in the 5 to 10G a month range for almost 3 years.. Sprint 4g is fast enough for me and they are starting the switch over to LTE. I have had file downloads over sprint (and clear, same towers) come in a 3 megs a second. Plenty fast for me. 3 megs is also my laptops internal modems limit. It could go faster if I had a better modem in my laptop.

I just checked my clear usage for the month.. 5 gigs.. I am 10 days in to the billing cycle.

neither provider has e-mailed or called or sent a letter once saying "we're going to cut you off!" but they both want me to buy new devices because they are "better and faster"

paullud

Veteran Expediter
5GB isn't an issue but they won't want to see the usage stay at 10. They also don't care how long ago you got a new device or phone because my brother had just spent a couple hundred dollars on a new phone.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Oh yes they do care how long ago you got your device. By getting you to upgrade every 22 months they keep you locked in to a contract that is 24 months long.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Oh yes they do care how long ago you got your device. By getting you to upgrade every 22 months they keep you locked in to a contract that is 24 months long.

That's not what I was talking about, we are talking about getting canceled for high usage not getting locked into a contract. I'm saying they will cancel you when they want for over usage and they don't care that you just bought a phone.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
That's not what I was talking about, we are talking about getting canceled for high usage not getting locked into a contract. I'm saying they will cancel you when they want for over usage and they don't care that you just bought a phone.

best time to cancel someone is right after they bought a 3-400 dollar phone ;)