Cell phone sales calls

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Nope it's still NOT legal, so far as it's an automated dialer. They may not know that it is a cell phone. I read an article where someone stated that the caller actually owes you $50 for every call. Can anyone out there elaborate, substantiate or dismiss this?

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't know much about collecting for illegal calls, imagine it'd be tough to prosecute, seeing how the origin could be in Taiwan, or somewhere.
I do know, however, that solicitation calls are permitted if the caller is soliciting for a charitable organization, also anyone with whom you have "established a business relationship" ie, bought something from, or even just inquired about buying something.

grog111

Seasoned Expediter
Dag nab it! Two of the calls, both computer generated, came from CONSUMERS ASSISTANCE CORP. One was a Michigan number and one was from New Jersey. The third call came up as that mysterious "unknown caller". I don't recall establishing a relationship with these people. The automated message was some mumbo jumbo about debt relief. Maybe they are on to me! :eek:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well there are too many loop holes in the no call list thing. I know that is does expire soon and everyone should be calling or writing congress to keep it going and tighten up the thing.

Truthfully, I don't want anyone who wants money or sell something to call me, even charities. I think that charities should also abide by the no call list too - even though I worked with a lot of them, only a couple did have call banks and did blind solicitations.

I keep answering the phone and it is a bank that is calling my wife to try to sell her more things. I talked to the girl today for five minutes and found out a lot about her, her family and the business she works for. She is in India and making $.04 a call - so I assume that the company charges $.08 to $.10 per call.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
My house and cell lines are registered with donotcall thus ending all nuisance calls.

Now all the calls I get are $5 a mile load offers...LOL

davebeckym

Expert Expediter
I've read that some of the pizza places sell cell phone numbers of customers. You can block caller ID by dialing *67 first. This doesn't work when calling 1-800 and other toll free numbers.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
all my phones are regestered,the only calls I get unknown now, are numbers that I have talked to in the past,what a relief.

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The last time someone called me selling something..
I told them you have reached an emergency telephone line.
Please take the number off your list. That was like ( knock on wood)
15 years ago. And yes it's an emergency line for our kids.

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
Little tid bit. When they call you tell them to take your number off the list as its your work phone number. Its illegal to contact someone at work after you tell them you cant take calls there.

The donotcall list takes something like 90 days before its fully enabled and the less call volume should then take place. Its not instant.

Atleast thats how it worked when i was a debt collector and thats the rules and regs for them.