Carrier Awards/Rewards

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I wish some other carriers would do that with us after we run their loads! LOL

Now now, John. Aren't you just supposed to have a really large reserve, so the unnamed carrier can take advantage of your generosity? Oh wait. That's entirely irrelevant.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
My mother always told me when you have nothing nice to say........ LOL

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Hey..you guys take that to the OTHER thread...*LOL*

back to rewards....:D

Hey OVM. Don't you know that companies always give awards and titles in place of real rewards.....like "cashola"?

Besides, you keep bashing plaques and awards and you'll likely upset MarvinK, the best driver at FECC. :D

moose

Veteran Expediter
Ok, people are going to call me crazy now but we pay our contractors $250 for every perfect level 1 inspection. We have been doing this for the last few years.

Yes you R .

it clearly show the level of professionalism you expect from the ones running your Dot #.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
in richmond va at ceva we have a group of great people they alway stay thanks as we pickup and leave for the
day be safe out there kind of like in hill street blues when sgt said be safe out there

each day call in what time to be in richmond or what is going on that is reward and they call and check on us or ask where are you at would you be able to handle this or that
and say thanks each time for helping out

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I prefer useful reinvestment in the company, like greg mentioned. Something as simple as a company newsletter or a functional suggestion program. Believe it or not some companies don't even have a newsletter. The military gave out cash awards for suggestions that lead to measureable improvements. It's a program that pays for itself, and incorporates both sides in the solution.

How about this for a reward/award program? The dispatcher of the month rides with the driver of the month the following month. The key to this program is the criteria for selection. Something like drivers vote for the dispatcher who can benefit most from a dose of reality, and the driver is the lowest grosser for the month. And I would get the cash award for making this suggestion.

eb

marvinkwagner

Not a Member
Hey OVM. Don't you know that companies always give awards and titles in place of real rewards.....like "cashola"?

Besides, you keep bashing plaques and awards and you'll likely upset MarvinK, the best driver at FECC. :D

I agree OVM, Monie Monie Monie.

You can keep the Plaques which get dusty any way and the Pieces of paper that turn Yellow in time. Been there done it. But it didnt put any jingle in my Pocket. Money Money money.

Plaques Trophys Awards . Yup Collect Dust.

I can see here that their are individuals on here that are so dang gone Jellous it makes me laugh. There are people on here also that dont even got the guts to say somthing to my face when they sit in a truck stop across from me. That goes for Straight truck driver that quacked on here. Why is it you got to hide behind your keyboards like the CB Rambos in the truck stops.

My Shadow Box Medals & Warrior Pin!! Earned not given.

I have nothing to prove.
I came out here with a positive attitude only to run across Wolves & Hianias & Jackels.

Some where some one is training if your not you meet you will loose.
I dont believe in the No Win Senerio.
Failure is not an option.

Enough said.

GOT MILK

I QUICK

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I prefer useful reinvestment in the company, like greg mentioned. Something as simple as a company newsletter or a functional suggestion program. Believe it or not some companies don't even have a newsletter. The military gave out cash awards for suggestions that lead to measureable improvements. It's a program that pays for itself, and incorporates both sides in the solution.

How about this for a reward/award program? The dispatcher of the month rides with the driver of the month the following month. The key to this program is the criteria for selection. Something like drivers vote for the dispatcher who can benefit most from a dose of reality, and the driver is the lowest grosser for the month. And I would get the cash award for making this suggestion.

eb

EB, that's brilliant! But shouldn't the poor driver be compensated [a lot] for the extra responsibility & aggravation of a passenger? I think he/she and you should get some cash. ;)

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The closer the 2010 program gets, the more sense it makes to reward the drivers out here who run a clean business. The ones who arrive , load, and deliver the product safely and regularly are the ones who are in this business are the ones to retain. You could have a reward program set up so people learning the ropes are rewarded in some way, but the top reward whether it be cash, or what have you should go to the driver (s) who consitently run on time, and safely. I agree with others on here, if you say the reward is in the mail, it had better deliver within the week, or load it on a fuel/pay card.
Nothing is worse than the goal posts moving...

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The closer the 2010 program gets, the more sense it makes to reward the drivers out here who run a clean business. The ones who arrive , load, and deliver the product safely and regularly are the ones who are in this business are the ones to retain. You could have a reward program set up so people learning the ropes are rewarded in some way, but the top reward whether it be cash, or what have you should go to the driver (s) who consitently run on time, and safely. I agree with others on here, if you say the reward is in the mail, it had better deliver within the week, or load it on a fuel/pay card.
Nothing is worse than the goal posts moving...

Reward me by Money or by giving me that next good load for taking that not so good load for ya. Things like that get results. To me that say Hey Good job and here ya go for doing it. Ya know Keep me poping in other words. How soon one forgets after that load one couldn't get anyone to take is taken. Somthing to think about.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I made Silver reward , but its going on three months, and I havent recieved anything. The only thing I have noticed is they arent charging me the $2 qctext. I still havent got my Tshirt, 100 dollars, hotel voucher, or Premier Driver decal? I called and emailed them, and they said they are waiting on T shirt vendor? Why not send everything else? Is this NOP. Has anyone else recieved thier rewards?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
They sent it out in an Express -1 van.
You know,the lowest bidder. But the driver's po'd so he's taking his time.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
I agree for the most part on everything that has been said here. But isn't this what ever person wants whether it be a truck driver, factory worker or the kid that mows lawns in the summer. The kid gets paid for what he does but thinks "it sure would be nice if the lady would offer me something cold to drink" just so I feel appreciated. The factory worker says/thinks "I wish the 'big shot' would come down here to see what we actually do". The truck driver says "Dispatch needs to see what we do". It's the same basically in whatever industry someone is in. It's human nature. We all want to be appreciated for what we do. It's even the same in a marriage. The husband wants his wife to appreciate that he goes to work everyday and what he does for the family. The wife wants her husband to appreciate, and tell her once in awhile, that she keeps the house clean, cooks the meals, or works outside the home herself etc. All the same, just different scenario's. Again, all human nature.
As far as dispatcher/driver relationships. Not choosing sides here but maybe some driver's should go into the office (if the company allows it) and see just what a dispatcher goes thru from hour to hour. Or dispatchers should actually do a ride-along with a driver on a short local run to see that side of it. The first carrier we drove for I started out as a solo driver. During orientation we were told that they had an 'open door' policy where, if needed any driver could talk to the CEO without a problem but NO-ONE was allowed near dispatch. They actually put a white line in the carpet in the hallway leading to dispatch with a sign that read "NO ONE beyond this line, ONLY dispatchers! And they were dead serious about it. Awhile later my wife got her CDL and we started as a team. When she went thru her orientation I sat thru it with her just to refresh a bit. What else was I going to do for 3 days....I noticed that they said any new driver could actually go to dispatch and watch them work for awhile just to see what it was like.......Oh yeah, definitely gonna do this!! lol Talked to driver relations to set up a 'tour' of dispatch. He hesitated a little then said sure, he'd set it up. About 20 minutes after she completed her orientation we had a load offer. Never did get to take that tour............hhhmmmmmmmmm Always wondered how long we would have sat waiting for a load if I hand requested to go watch dispatch. lol Still would like to see their side of the process just to see what it's like. I bet the dispatchers always say. "I wish drivers would appreciate what we do and say "thank you" once in awhile............human nature.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know that the same dispatcher that's really nice and easy to talk to in the early morning is just stressed and wants to hang up quickly in the late afternoon. Must be a very stressful job!