Cargo Van / Sprinter Income

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
7-9k for a trans would be a Sprinter.
Only if ya don't know where to go ..... and are looking to be raped.

Don't be lazy ..... look around, do the research.

It can be done for 2,500 in an E-350.
Same for a Sprinter .... although around $4500 or so will get ya a really, really tricked-out one .... with Kelvar friction material on the clutch plates, even ..... :eek:

$4500 will also buy ya complete junk ...... if ya go to the wrong place (hint: avoid the East Coast, specifically anything in NJ)

Van payment $600 a month? If your planning 72...Kiss your butt bye bye...
Uh-oh ...... OVM are ya saying I should be worried ...... ? ..... I'm at $695 a month (that zero down deal :D)

I just had one done yesterday and it cost $1950.00 after my business link discount. Without the discount it would have been nearly $2600.00.
TJ - $1950 ..... ouch .....

Ya know Berry in Corsicana, TX (a Dodge dealer) only charges $1577 .... at least on the one (5142494AA) for the '06 ..... and it looks to me like it's same as the '05 .....

BTW, dealer list on that puppy is only $1955.65 ..... so much for the Business Link discount ... (me, I'd be looking for a new dealer ...... or a refund)

Ya ever consider calling a Garrett dealer or mebbe EuroParts for that turbo ....... and seeing if they could source it ?

As we've said before...Sprinters are NOT entry level equipment
Dang ..... really ? ....... wish someone had told me ...... :confused:

Gosh .... I probably better just throw in the towel and quit right now ..... :cool:

BTW, I ran 55 all the way coming home today from Georgetown ...... got a little over 25.69 mpg ...... if I had been more patient I probably could have eeeked out 27 or so ...... but I was in a hurry ......

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rlent....There's an exception to every rule...:p

Dang 25mpg in an 07??? you got that broke in just fine:D,,,thats unheard of....

Did you go the 72 month plan? gawd...why? in 4-5 yrs it's anchor material for the Queen Mary!!!

So get this... I get new rubber for the front....they trip the ESP light!!! Why? Because the front are 2" smaller in circumference then the rear!! Reason: speed differential...computer thinks I am spinning my wheels and kicks off the all wheel braking mode... I just bought a matching set for the rear....NO light!! So I guess my tech wasn't shooting me hot air!:rolleyes:

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
25 mpg in an '07? I think the key is only going 55. I usually drive between 65-68 and I get around 20.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Rlent....There's an exception to every rule...:p
Ken .... are you trying to tell me I'm exceptional .... ? :p

Dang 25mpg in an 07??? you got that broke in just fine,,,thats unheard of....
Actually, it's an '06 T1N - if I could get 25+ in a NCV3 I might just consider upgrading ..... :D

And that mileage is with a the following mounted on the roof: Qualcomm, CB antenna, MaxxAir roof vent, and a rooftop 12v AC ..... know that the AC at least is probably adding some drag.

Did you go the 72 month plan? gawd...why? in 4-5 yrs it's anchor material for the Queen Mary!!!
Yeah .... I just checked it .... the loan term was only 5 years ..... I figured it had to be 72 from what you were saying re: the payment amount. I'm one payment shy of the half way mark on the loan and the vehicle only has a 140K miles on it.

So get this... I get new rubber for the front....they trip the ESP light!!! Why? Because the front are 2" smaller in circumference then the rear!! Reason: speed differential...computer thinks I am spinning my wheels and kicks off the all wheel braking mode... I just bought a matching set for the rear....NO light!! So I guess my tech wasn't shooting me hot air!:rolleyes:
Yup - all them computators in there, keepin' an eye on things ....

Charles, the key is indeed driving as slow as you can stand - I have a friend with an '06 that got over 29 mpg - by driving at 51 mph (and of course gradual acceleration.)

Moral of the story: if ya got the time, take it slow - like the Turtle says:

"Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race ...."

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Jack if that 2006 is new as it says, you should be able to steal that thing! That dealer had to take that thing off his floor plan long ago and he probabaly has it in his used car inventory as far as the bck is concerned and he has wrtten it down to -0- on his books.

Thay can work both ways, he will either let if go for a reasonable price or he will say to hell with it because he owns it outright and won't sell it unless he can make some cash on it.

Either way it would be worth looking into.