Cargo Van Owner/Operator

AlphaBeta

New Recruit
I know these threads have got to be annoying so I'll try to keep it brief. 1. I am done with tech school 2. A local company has ads running on the radio about how their cargo van independent contractors can make $100,000/year. Sounds great, eh? BUT.....is that gross or net that they are talking about? If I can net $100,000 that is awesome. I have a feeling that is probably not the case though. I'm just looking for some third party advice and direction right now.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know these threads have got to be annoying so I'll try to keep it brief. 1. I am done with tech school 2. A local company has ads running on the radio about how their cargo van independent contractors can make $100,000/year. Sounds great, eh? BUT.....is that gross or net that they are talking about? If I can net $100,000 that is awesome. I have a feeling that is probably not the case though. I'm just looking for some third party advice and direction right now.
Not in this day and age, been out here 20+ years my best year I grossed 78,000 and that was 15 years ago.

2centz

Rookie Expediter
Same here. Best I did in a cargo van was 8yrs ago, 74k gross. Straight trucks, I could see that gross, not net.

2centz

Rookie Expediter
Talk to their drivers, not their recruiter. Drive by their employee parking. Is the lot full of Cadillacs or Civics?