car hauling

willy

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
im looking to expand out into the car hauling business.i have some local contacts in the cin,oh area and want to explore the camper,utility trailer and car hauling transport area.anyone have info or sites i can go to for information.i figure if my wheels are turning im making money.it doesnt matter if its freight or cars.
thanks,willy

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
morgan drive a way is one of company's that does that
there out of elkhart in as most of those companys are
indiana is rv building cap of us as most of the rv's are build
in indiana around elkhart / south bend,

hayesville

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Willy,
Check out www.jettransport.com. They are out of Middlebury,IN and use o/o to transport campers, rv's, etc., throughout lower 48, Canada,and Alaska. Pay extra for Alaska run. Got info from them last week. Not really had time to look at it carefully...you might want to give them a call. 800-825-8407. Good luck:)

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey Willy!
If you get into hauling cars and get set up to pull a 3 or 4 car beaver with a dully let me know, If you set up for more that will even be better, and send me your rates. I can get 2 or 3 costomers at any given time. The starting point would be Pittsburgh, Pa. and the miles will range from 250 to 400 miles, 2 maybe 3 days a week.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
HO BOY-- There's BIG bucks to be had hauling hot shot car-rv stuff!!!
With your Dodge Ram/Chevy 3500 pickup. Or with your beat up weak tractor. BS. This is a new BS fad.
--Weave--
The equipment may work, but the business doesn't.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Come on Weave!!!x( Give the guy some credit for trying. 10 cents a mile may be big bucks to someone that isn't doing anything.

It is better to haul short because of all the empty miles you have to run to get back home.
It only take about 50k to get set up and about 10 years to break even.

You forgot to add the big blue oval that reads (FORD)Find on road disabled---- or ---- Fix or repiar daily

willy

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
thanks for the vote of confidence guys.i will be alright.i have my own authority and mind so i dont need to be led around by my nose.i already have a line on some private buyers who pay to have their cars hauled from louisville,lexington,indy back to cincinnati from auctions.quick short runs.im not greedy.
i just wanted some info on campers and utility trailer mfgs.ill go see them,give em a price,cut out the broker,make money and come home.sounds simple dont it?it is.thanks willy