Can you lease your cargo van to more than one carrier ??

fawazbarraj

Seasoned Expediter
can you lease your cargo van to more than one carrier ??

If yes ......

Is't legle ??

How do you do that ??

Is't worth it ??

Please need some info

thanks

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
can you lease your cargo van to more than one carrier ??

If yes ......

Is't legle ??

How do you do that ??

Is't worth it ??

Please need some info

thanks

I know a guy that does it...
For your Qs
1.legal?? I dont know
2.How....Magnet signs
3. Worth it? To him,,yes he says he is doing well.Im sure he is doing alot of sneeking around but he has been at it for at least a year that I know of..
Sounds risky to me,, best ask your carrier and go from there

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know a guy that does it...
For your Qs
1.legal?? I dont know
2.How....Magnet signs
3. Worth it? To him,,yes he says he is doing well.Im sure he is doing alot of sneeking around but he has been at it for at least a year that I know of..
Sounds risky to me,, best ask your carrier and go from there

Some carrier contracts allow it some don't. Yu just have to ask the ones you are interested in. There is one company out there when you sign up with one they will sign you up on the other if you want. If the company says no don't do it if they allow it then you make the choice. Be upfront about it and there is no sneaking around necessary.

guido4475

Not a Member
Go to the thread further down entitiled "cargo vans that lease to more than one carrier:an editorial" This is already covered there.

guido4475

Not a Member
Well then I would think this question should of been asked in that thread as well, not start a new one. Anyway, In a cargo van that is under 10,000 gvw why would it not be legal? A s/t of larger, yes it would be illegal unless you have your own authority. But in a cargo van, you wouldnt really need your own authority for multiple carriers, either, unless you wanted to.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am with Guido..in a van..it would be legal to work for more than one carrier..as long as you had contracts and were insured accordingly and had all the documentation that might be needed if stopped...be totally upfront.