California Emissions Laws and the economy

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
We all know how the ever increasing emissions laws in Ca are going to affect the auto and trucking industries over the next several years. What I did'nt realize is how it was going to affect companies like FedEx, UPS, and anyone with a fleet of late model forklifts or even one. Yes, forklifts! They also will be required to meet 2010 CA Emission requirements or be phased out and replaced. Companies like FedEx, UPS ,etc are already replacing low hours forklifts that have many usable hours left in them solely because they will not comply with the 2010 laws we are told. We just delivered three brand new 2010 compliant forklifts to one of these large companies and were told this information by the shipper.

In these hard economic times and with so many companies failing or barely hanging on, do they really need the additional financial responsibility of replacing their forklifts?

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And this is just the beginning. The flood gate has been opened. We have entered a new era of extreme anti-business government. You do realize that we are the ones going to have to pay those bills? Get ready for "Stagflation" again. Layoutshooter

Planner

Seasoned Expediter
We all know how the ever increasing emissions laws in Ca are going to affect the auto and trucking industries over the next several years. What I did'nt realize is how it was going to affect companies like FedEx, UPS, and anyone with a fleet of late model forklifts or even one. Yes, forklifts! They also will be required to meet 2010 CA Emission requirements or be phased out and replaced. Companies like FedEx, UPS ,etc are already replacing low hours forklifts that have many usable hours left in them solely because they will not comply with the 2010 laws we are told. We just delivered three brand new 2010 compliant forklifts to one of these large companies and were told this information by the shipper.

In these hard economic times and with so many companies failing or barely hanging on, do they really need the additional financial responsibility of replacing their forklifts?
I hope you see the opportunity in this. Bring compliant forklifts to California return non-compliant ones to some state that doesn't care about air quality. Win-win situation.

Regards, Planner
Never breath or trust air you cannot see

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I hope you see the opportunity in this. Bring compliant forklifts to California return non-compliant ones to some state that doesn't care about air quality. Win-win situation.

That's ok. If we didn't breathe air, California would just find something else to control. I think it's in their genes. :confused: