Calif. / APU

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just to clarify, idling is out but using an APU is allowed?

ClassicOne

Expert Expediter
Depends on the year of truck and APU. New trucks like yours would need a new APU CARB approved with a particulate filter. An older truck like mine 2001, can use an older APU. Just wait until the 2010 rules!

guido4475

Not a Member
i have the answer! just dont go to california! lol. no, i do go quite often to califonia. if it gets too hot, i just use idle-aire. remember the old days before a/c and remote controls?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My truck and APU are '07 models and do not have the new filter stuff on them. I was under the impression this was an acceptable combination, at least until the 2010 rules go into effect. I won't be changing or modifying what I have so at that point won't go back. I'm loading tomorrow with a load of Lego's for black Friday I presume. I want to be sure I'm ok using my APU while I'm out there.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
My truck and APU are '07 models and do not have the new filter stuff on them. I was under the impression this was an acceptable combination, at least until the 2010 rules go into effect. I won't be changing or modifying what I have so at that point won't go back. I'm loading tomorrow with a load of Lego's for black Friday I presume. I want to be sure I'm ok using my APU while I'm out there.

You running team now Leo?

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
My truck and APU are '07 models and do not have the new filter stuff on them. I was under the impression this was an acceptable combination, at least until the 2010 rules go into effect.

Leo, we have the same set up and best we can figure, it's acceptable for now.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Hey Pjjjj he just might after this trip!

He though should have some pretty good chances to keep moving out there as he will not be just wanting the long loads going back east.

I am hoping Leo you will not be sitting long enough to worry about your APU.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope, Calif hasn't given me a reason to rip them out yet... but they're in the crosshairs same as anyone else. :D

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
OK, third times a charm or you don't get the info, lol!
American Transportation Research Institute has a website that I can't get to show up correctly in this post. They are known as ARTI, the web address is ARTI-online.org (in my previous two post this address has shown up as WELCOME (?). In any event if you get to this website click on Compendium Of Idling Regulations, it can be found on the mid left side of the page. Once there, you can get a list of idling laws state by state.

Now, wasn't that complicated?:)