321 Gears
Double Framed

Attachments

• 2011 MATS FCC Ariel view of truck.jpg
    2011 MATS FCC Ariel view of truck.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 302

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Nice looking truck,you'll be easy to spot with the new logo lol.Now we won't look like we are delivering for fedex office.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice truck there Linder and Bob....hard work pays off...

I thought the old logo was fitting...kind of Kinko people anyhow....*LOL*:p

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Beautiful! What size box were you able to fit with that big sleeper?

Your best bet, hire a vet! Please.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I have not seen the Caffee truck in person but something I understand from a conversation with Jeff Jones is the attention to aerodynamics given in this style of truck.

The Freightliner Cascadia is one of the most aerodynamic trucks on the road (the most according to Freightliner). Notice that there is no Qualcomm dome on the outside of the truck. Builder Bolt Custom Trucks mounts the dome on the inside, just below the roof to improve aerodynamics. So too with the TV antenna.

I will be interested to hear what the MPG is on this truck.

I am surpirsed to see a sun visor on the truck. Linda, you pulled the visor off your previous truck with positive MPG effect. New Cascadia tractors come without sun visors, do they not? How did a sun visor end up on your new truck?

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The sun visor is aerodynamic and hides the seam of the sleeper to cab marriage. There was MUCH discussion on the visor and after learning the details and talking with engineering about the visor on the Cascadia we ended up not having a choice of removing it. Bob is in a wait and see mode and over time and a lot of thought on keeping the looks of the truck the visor might still come off.

Another issue on the truck is the hood mounted mirrors. While these are aerodynamic mirrors they still create drag and they will be coming off of the truck.

Seasoned Expediter
That truck is great looking and congratulations on your new ride. I have a new kenworth t-700 and it is the most aero truck and the most innovative on market. Not to knock the 2012 cascadias yours is still a great looking truck no matter any trucks areo package

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bravo... Its a beaut.

Wouldn't the usefulness of the blind spot mirrors be worth a tenth or so?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Congratulation!
That is one sharp looking money maker!
Regards,
JoeS

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The truck will be at the Expo!! Cannot wait and I hope by then to have some fuel mileage figures. The engine will still be breaking in so who knows.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Wouldn't the usefulness of the blind spot mirrors be worth a tenth or so?

I think so but this is where differences of opinion enter in. Our truck did not come with fender mounted mirrors and we added them, choosing full visibility over whatever fuel economy hit the mirrors would create.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
No one has asked yet so I will. It is of course your option to answer or not.

How much did it cost to build your new truck bumper to bumper and put it on the road, including tax, license, any extended warranties, etc.?