Buying my 1st truck

Driver2

Seasoned Expediter
I'm getting ready to take the plunge and buy my first truck. I don't know much and am wondering if there are any threads out there that you think would help me out. I'm looking for a 04 -06 year C or D unit. With a small sleeper (to keep price down) Is there any models or manufacturers that I should stay away from? I've driven some Internationals that were very uncomfortable and broke down alot but I'm not sure they were maintained as well as they could've been. Any engines or transmissions etc. that I should steer clear of? Your help would be great. Thanks

moose

Veteran Expediter
just because you did well ( or not ) with fedx for along time running a B unit - dont say this is the right place for a st. truck. or for you.
are you going to run team ?
when buying into an older unit make sure you serve your carrier needs to the best you can when choosing a truck.
get the front end check ,full ECM report,and oil sample from all places BEFORE buying the truck.
get the rear end replace for the speed you are going to run the truck , get a truck that will get the best fuel millage in that speed. and buy a truck that will work well at 5$/G .
some time a small bunk will cost you more in the long run.
they did not sell HINO in 05 so you are good to go.

Moose.
did not run for the x...

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
What's wrong with Hino? From what i hear they get great mileage and are dependable(Hino is Toyota). Also how are the Chevy Kodiak trucks or the Ford F650's? I can get plenty of information on Freightliner and International but seem to hit a wall on the other trucks available. Is there any particular engines to stay away from on the medium duty trucks?