Business 30 - 40% off at Panther II/Vans in the ta

Roadpig

Expert Expediter
RE: Business 30 - 40% off at Panther II/Vans in th

I'm afraid that you're wrong there. The best of expediting has passed, and it is not the fault of the expediters themselves. JB Hunt has gotten in on the action, same with Swift and Werner to lesser degrees. They went to the expedite heavy customers and basically said "hey, we can haul those extra skids for you, and charge you half"- and it is still more than what these companies make on their normal loads. That is why it is important for ALL of the companies to start branching out. Expediting is dead, but I believe there is a need for specialized freight services (Flatbed, Stepdeck, Climate Control, Stackable containers etc...) but there aren't going to be a fraction of the true JIT deliveries that this industry was built on.

I don't know if ANY of the expediters are really stepping up to this task, but I do know that P2 is stuck in the JIT paradigm that is killing off even some of their most seasoned competitors.

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter

Roadpig I tend to agree, Ive been typing when I should be driving now.. reference "P2Whats going on" message 10.. my reply .. Look at trade magazines..we have our own expo.. expiditing is being sold to people who can say I can drive that kind of truck/van and see the country and get paid... RETIREES ... Its not the cool little secret niche' in trucking anymore.. its being marketed heavily the big.. money has already been made.

creekindian33

Expert Expediter

D H L has killed most vans its just not panther its everybody d h l under bids evberybody lot of companies dont even hire vans anymore:'(