Bundling Mileage Saving Devices

G

It occurred to me the other day that there are countless devices out there that claim to improve your mileage by 5% to 10%.

Well, to be safe, I thought why not assume each device only improves your mileage by 5% (;)). What you do is get 20 of these devices and you should get 100% better mileage. If you are getting 11 mpg, you should get 22 mpg. That would be awesome.

Here are a few devices to start with:

all synthetic fluids - 5%
K&N filter - 5%
magnet around the fuel line - 5%
magnet around the oil filter - 5%
air dam - 5%
truck belly fairings - 5%
air tabs - 5%
high tech wax on whole truck - 5%
fuel treatment - 5%
speed governed to 53 mph - 5%
all sharp edges of truck filed and polished - 5%
turbo pre-intake air swirler - 5%
new larger diameter exhaust - 5%

That gets me 65% better mileage there, so just 7 more items to go.

cliffn

Expert Expediter
Hey! Someone is using my material!:7 :7 :7 ..Below is a copy of a post I made on May 6.... The thread started out talking about price gouging then went to Volkswagens (??)..

Sorry, but I can't help myself.. I had a VW back in the "good old days". I put on a different carburetor that was supposed to save 30% on fuel, a different distributor that saved 25%, super plugs that saved 10%, a small turbo-charger that saved 20% and a free-flow exhaust that saved 30%....Went down the road twenty miles and my gas tank was overflowing!!

Sure could use an overflowing fuel tank on my D unit. ;) ;)

Anyone reading this, I hope it is not because of boredom from lack of loads..Unfortunately, that is the way it is with my wife and me right now. This is the most dead week we have had in a year and a half.

But hey. Maybe today is our lucky day! :) :)

Loose_Cannon47

Expert Expediter
Sorry Cliff...no plagiarism intended...I just get a huge kick out of those outrageous "fuel saving" claims...they make about as much sense as your tank filling itself as you drive...from what I can tell, it's the "July Doldrums"...hope business picks up for everyone that's suffering right now...

Loose

G

Sorry, I do remember that post about taking the fuel out of the neighbors car and putting it back in to simulate crazy mileage.

Loose_Cannon47

Expert Expediter
At the present rates, I'd say THAT sounds like a good way to get shot...I think I'd stay away from my neighbors fuel tank...;)

Loose

G

That reminds me of this old man who owns a car wash where I live. I was up there one day and he said "who do you reckon left that Oklahoma credit card laying over there?" I looked where he was pointing and there was about a two foot length of hose on the ground.