Brokering is so easy......

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I've posted...I lost count how many I've posted...and I haven't booked one of them all day. People are either shopping stuff around like crazy or just fishing for quotes, but you'd think the numbers would swing in my favor sooner or later. The funny thing is that every time I post a load it's the same carriers bidding and then they keep calling every half hour to check in. Almost as bad as sitting drivers. :)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Have you offered to pay as soon as you receive POD? That new broker authority makes it tough to get people to deal with you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Have you offered to pay as soon as you receive POD? That new broker authority makes it tough to get people to deal with you.

That's not the issue. I'm getting plenty of bids. Just that everyone is quote shopping and it seems that very rarely am I dealing with anyone who just plain has a load, or if someone has a load they're shopping the daylights out of it and looking at LTL and cargo plane options.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
That's not the issue. I'm getting plenty of bids. Just that everyone is quote shopping and it seems that very rarely am I dealing with anyone who just plain has a load, or if someone has a load they're shopping the daylights out of it and looking at LTL and cargo plane options.

I misread that the first time. So basically the shippers are using you like eBayer's use uShip. Just so it doesn't look like I am trying to scam information I want to mention that I am currently off the road as of today and my wife starts working as an agent for a brokerage tomorrow. Are there any steps you can take to eliminate the rate shoppers? My wife has been focusing on direct contact with companies that we know move lots of loads and that have multiple brokers working on those loads. Obviously we are dealing with 2 very different segments of the industry but I didn't know if there would be an opportunity to do the same in expedite. It can be tough to compete like that but it might give you an opportunity to build the brand slowly.

Chris@Doms

Seasoned Expediter
Carrier Management
Yeah us bidders are in the same boat lately. I bid like crazy. Sometimes for spit just to get them rolling with something, and well still nothing. I had 6 trucks to find a load for today. I only got 2 of them rolling, and that didn't happen till after 15:00. I'll be honest 2 were in a bad spot though. But still, where is all the freight been?