Branson, MO

mypie

Seasoned Expediter
We had a weekend layover in Springfield, MO. After getting all the laundry, cleaning and shopping done we took off for Branson.

Its always a little risky taking a truck to go sightseeing, you just never know. But, Branson was an easy in, easy out truck friendly town. We have a 6-Wheeler. All of the routes going into town were state routes with no weight limitations. There were plenty of large parking lots where you could park a truck. It seemed like many more parking lots then they needed. I think the gas prices are affecting their tourism business, or maybe its still early in the summer vacation season - I don't know.

So, if you're laid over in southern Missouri, take a break, go see a show, enjoy some amusement rides, take in some sights, and have a good time. :)

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I always enjoy finding out from other people where you can visit in your truck! It's so nice to be out there sometimes.

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
We had a delivery in Branson on a fri evening, then went to the Hampton for two nights. We took a cab to the showboat paid 20 extra for the small dinnig room and balcony seating for the show.This was well worth the extra cost only 10 tables in the rear of the boat over looking the paddle wheels and we had a choice of menu,could not have handled the cattle pen main floor seating. the show was good and the food not bad,got to tour the boat before the main floor was released to look around. all in all a good break .