Boycott the NFL

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Was just pointing out that the rule makes no sense from a marketing stand point.
Like I said, you apparently don't understand how wide of an audience they are trying to reach.

I already said that they can be as nonsensical or hysterical as they chose to be.
Actually, the only place I'm seeing anything approaching hysteria is here ... by two TBN members ... who have a past history of being prone to a little "drama" ...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Like I said, you apparently don't understand how wide of an audience they are trying to reach."

Yeah, I can see where they might chose to ignore 30-40% of the population, or more. Makes sense from a marketing stand point. It seems to me that they are working hard to reach a much smaller audience than they might be able too. Their loss, not mine.

Makes little difference to me, I ignore most of the commercials anyway. They can do as they please.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Are you saying 30-40% of the population are into shooting ?

Outside of Detroit, of course.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you saying 30-40% of the population are into shooting ?

Very well could be, in one form or another. Firearm ownership is that high, or higher. It is hard to say either way. Far more people, of all ages, participate in some for of shooting sport than play football.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't know what the commotion is all about...a choice was made in a FREE country to do so....and any repercussions of said choice will be dealt with....pretty darned simple....so what..they don't support guns....Blah humbug.....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As opposed to ignoring 60% to 70% ?

I never said they were, or were trying too, ignore 60% to 70% of the population. All I said is that it makes little sense not to try to reach as many people as possible, from a marketing standpoint. The larger the potential market the greater potential for revenue.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Was just pointing out that the rule makes no sense from a marketing stand point. Considering sheer numbers, far more participate in shooting sports, at all ages, than football. That is a HUGE market to ignore.
Yeah, but the advertisement isn't targeted at participants of shooting sports. The number of people who participate in shooting sports versus football is wholly irrelevant, especially to a commercial airing on Super Bowl Sunday. In sheer numbers, more people participate in condom use and sports betting than participate in football, but they ain't gonna allow advertisements for those, either. From a marketing standpoint, the only rules that make sense are how many people will view the commercial during the football game.

The rest is still fact. Football is a FAR more dangerous sport and costs FAR more in both monetary and human lose than football. It has a FAR greater potential to cost the up and coming National Health System money than the shooting sports do.
The rest may very well indeed be a fact, but it is still, nevertheless, a red herring argument that is utterly out of place. Gymnastics, bull riding, horseback riding, and cheerleading are all more dangerous than football. Why not make your argument using gymnastics?

I already said that they can be as nonsensical or hysterical as they chose to be.
Or they can be as level-headed and sensical as they like. The policies contained in the PDF are neither nonsensical nor hysterical. They are laid out simply, in plain language, and make perfect sense.

"{#12} because it is a politically motivated advertisement that falls under the category of Social Cause or Issue Advocacy. "

The same can be said for all of the "Health Care.Gov commercials well will bombarded with. Most of which tout benefits that have been proven to be untrue.

Good grief. The same can be said for every single social cause or political issue we can think of. But none of those have anything to do with the commercial and whether it violated the NFL's policy, eeeeether.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
30-40% we'd need more gun shops than Tim Horton stores.

Tim Horton's do more health damage than guns do! :p Bad coffee too! :cool:

There are PLENTY of gun shops and the number is growing. Gun sales are booming, although they have leveled off a bit for now, till Obama mouths off again.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"They are laid out simply, in plain language, and make perfect sense."

They are clearly written and make sense in that respect. I was ONLY speaking from marketing standpoint.

As I said, I don't really give a flip. It's their choice, they can do as they please.

As to condom use, IF people were as safe with their sexual habits as they are with the shooting sports we would ALL be better off!
:p

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Tim Horton's do more health damage than guns do! :p Bad coffee too! :cool:
Hey now, Them's fighting words!
original

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I hear ya. Ya catch that stuff when it's fresh and it's some of the best around. Oops, ot and these guys are packing. <slinks back to his under couch safe zone>

Looks to me that the ONLY one packing in this forum is Ragman. A FINE example of a negative use for a firearm if I ever saw one! :eek: