Boston on Lockdown Massive Manhunt underway for terrorist after shootout

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was on the news network and listening to the radio....these 2 so far just sound like plain murderers...IMO

Well they are nuts for sure. One of the brothers Facebook postings had rants against Russia. Their country is Muslim and has some of the most ruthless terriosts there is. That country also had people fighting against us in Afghanistan.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The fact is, the chances of an law-abiding citizen packing in Montana are exponentially higher than one packing in Massachusetts.

No doubt about it but my point was not everyone chooses to be armed. Even if guns were handed out free some would decline.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No doubt about it but my point was not everyone chooses to be armed. Even if guns were handed out free some would decline.

Yep, there are always some who would be opposed on moral grounds to not arm. There will always be some who choose to be victims. That does not change the fact that this incident, and many others like, PROVE beyond ANY shadow of a doubt that the government is NOT able to keep every safe 100% and that we have a RIGHT to defend ourselves from ANY kind of threat.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

Sure some would decline. In fact, most would. But if you're a carjacker, would you take a chance in a state like Montana?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep, there are always some who would be opposed on moral grounds to not arm. There will always be some who choose to be victims. That does not change the fact that this incident, and many others like, PROVE beyond ANY shadow of a doubt that the government is NOT able to keep every safe 100% and that we have a RIGHT to defend ourselves from ANY kind of threat.
well a gun sure did that campus cop a lot of good....just because I elect my right not to carry doesn't count me in as a victim....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

No one here said we did not. I completely agree.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
well a gun sure did that campus cop a lot of good....just because I elect my right not to carry doesn't count me in as a victim....

NOTHING is 100% but ANYTHING that a person does to protect themselves cuts down on the chance of that person becoming a victim. You can do what EVER you want, but don't believe for ONE SECOND, that the "authorities" can protect you from all harm 100% of the time. It is also a fact that, if allowed, the "authorities" can become the oppressor. The cold, hard fact is, that you are an easier target than someone who chooses to and knows how to defend them selves.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
xigga I guess you think, mlk ,jfk,and 9/11 was nothing to do with are goverment! You also probably agree to throw the single drug dealer in jail. While these big companys are making drugs that kill people every day! And millions are hooked on these pain killers . While none of these sheeps ask why can these big companys do this if a single person cant!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
NOTHING is 100% but ANYTHING that a person does to protect themselves cuts down on the chance of that person becoming a victim. You can do what EVER you want, but don't believe for ONE SECOND, that the "authorities" can protect you from all harm 100% of the time. It is also a fact that, if allowed, the "authorities" can become the oppressor. The cold, hard fact is, that you are an easier target than someone who chooses to and knows how to defend them selves.

I have a better odds of winning a lottery then getting shot...I'll take my chances...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have a better odds of winning a lottery then getting shot...I'll take my chances...

That is an incorrect statement. Even IF it were true it would NOT change the fact that in any given year armed citizens STOP crimes that they otherwise would have been victims of.

It is also a known fact, through out history, that unarmed citizens are easy prey for oppressive governments.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is an incorrect statement. Even IF it were true it would NOT change the fact that in any given year armed citizens STOP crimes that they otherwise would have been victims of.

It is also a known fact, through out history, that unarmed citizens are easy prey for oppressive governments.

tell ya what YOU stop the crime..you are the hero......and I'll call 911 and hunker down...3 generations of family and no one has been a victim in my family....I'll go with the odds

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
xigga I guess you think, mlk ,jfk,and 9/11 was nothing to do with are goverment! You also probably agree to throw the single drug dealer in jail. While these big companys are making drugs that kill people every day! And millions are hooked on these pain killers . While none of these sheeps ask why can these big companys do this if a single person cant!!

Well obviously everything governments doing according to you and what does drugs have anything to do with the conspiracy your talking about.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Following this thread, I'm not sure which is more bizarre. The story that's unfolding even as we try to follow it, or the cockamamie conspiracy theories about secret government agencies trying to control the masses.

Special note for the gun-ho types: If a criminal already has the drop on you, reaching for your gun isn't likely to do you a lot of good. Something you might want to think about.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Following this thread, I'm not sure which is more bizarre. The story that's unfolding even as we try to follow it, or the cockamamie conspiracy theories about secret government agencies trying to control the masses.

Special note for the gun-ho types: If a criminal already has the drop on you, reaching for your gun isn't likely to do you a lot of good. Something you might want to think about.

I was thinking almost the same thing....I am the only one or maybe 1 other with a gun in a crowd and we pull it out...who becomes the first targets?...