Boards

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Wouldn't it be nice if panther would put something on the driver web that would show us how all of the boards are doing like they show you now for a 300 mile radius around where you are sitting...

This way we would not have to ask them how the boards are doing where we are going every time we take a load, and we could have a general idea how many trucks are in the area

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They already have it. Macro 32 is what you are looking for. Can also do a macro 8

sweetcdngirl

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
US Army
They already have it. Macro 32 is what you are looking for. Can also do a macro 8

Ummmmmmm Dave .....

How long have you been with Panther?? Reread his question. A Macro 8 is BOARD POSITION.
Macro 32 Is relocation radius for "300" miles.

That is not what Kyle was saying. He meant all the boards and how many trks are there. Like a Macro 8 for all boards not just 300 miles. Like if your taking a load to Laredo from Detroit. You have to call in and ask Panther how many trucks are there. He is wondering if maybe they could do it so we could see the boards where we are going and how many trucks are there and how many are enroute.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It would be nice to be able to do that and I asked for it at most council meetings. Landstar has that information available to their operators along with being able to find out how many loads per unit size over the prior 30 days. That said, it's a two edged sword that would cut some operators when they get an offer from 1800 miles away ending in Laredo and look to see a bunch of trucks sitting there. They turn down the load based on the current number of trucks in Laredo when the count might be much lower by the time they deliver and are available.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Hmmm sorry I guess I could of worded that better

and LDB that would be nice and I know the numbers are going to change by the time you get there but it could give you an idea of what you are getting into

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It might make a difference on a short run (less than 300) and one would have that already via the 32 or 8. Runs longer than that would likely be different as Leo stated. What ever is there, would likely be different a day or two out. Many of these boards are so large, the benefit would seem slight unless of course, a short load. As mentioned before, we really don't pay much attention to board position or truck counts in a particular area.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
On a real long run most of the info would be usless because so much could change by the time you get there then you end up complaining that the system lied to you. {you being any driver}

harrt5002

Seasoned Expediter
been trying log on getloaded for three hours now,i keep getting bad gateway on all four browsers,anyone else having this problem in cincinnati area

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Well I know that the number of trucks that are there are going to change what I really want to see is a page that gives you all the daily averages

hookesplace

Seasoned Expediter
Wouldn't it be nice if panther would put something on the driver web that would show us how all of the boards are doing like they show you now for a 300 mile radius around where you are sitting...

This way we would not have to ask them how the boards are doing where we are going every time we take a load, and we could have a general idea how many trucks are in the area

it would be nice if they do or make the macro 32 make it go out past 300 miles that would help .........

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
It would be nice if owners could see that on the website to help the new drivers that start out with Panther.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
been trying log on getloaded for three hours now,i keep getting bad gateway on all four browsers,anyone else having this problem in cincinnati area
Getloaded only allows a single logon per user now. It used to allow multiple users but they changed that. And a computer at Panther's office is nearly always connected to it, using up that one logon slot. You'd need to sign up and get your own username to ensure any kind of reliability to log on. Far as I know, anyway.

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
Yea it would be nice to get $1820 worth of infomation out of our QC every year. At $35/week we should get alot mo info than we do.

harrt5002

Seasoned Expediter
last team i talked too say they had to buy them now @2200,so i guess ive bought two already,hopefully when i give it back,i"ll get back my esgrow money

termite289

Expert Expediter
i recall trying to start a thread here for the expo online guys to tell each other what the board was like where they were at. but it didnt fly.
like im on the richmond board, 5 trucks 2 per day, now if i was to get a load to memphis, someone on memphis coming my way could respond and tell me what his board looked like.
kinda like communicating with each other on the cb internet thingy.
also now days it seems you can use macro 8 while under a load as well as empty, so if your passing through atlanta on your way to florida, you could post for the guys sitting down there but again, it didnt fly so we could just let panther do it