blower motor

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
2005 m2 blower quit someone told me its resistor replaced blower and switch panel worked for a day or 2 and quit, got a weak test lite at plug and at plug for switch good test lite at fuse, any help will be greatly appreciated

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Replaced my motor 2 times till I finally took the time to find the real problem it's always been the cheap plastic connector it melts and corrodes I finally cut it off and installed stakons and problem is gone
It's really scary all the high reckon electronics just for a blower motor , amuse yourself and take off the cover of it , looks like a computer card! Silly design

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Can't you just cut all the wire and use butt connectors and be done with it? Heat in an electrical connection usually means the connections are loose and faulty. Hard wire it and be done. But make 100% sure your fuse isn't oversized for the motor. You don't need a fire.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
30 amp fuse which was in it to start withi hate cutting a plug off, I see no corrosion at the blower motor which is inside truck .

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Take a light and look into the female end of the plug that's where they melt! The connectors get hot they're not rated for that power cheap plastic just like the headlamp plugs I run with my lights on all the te and ice had to replace both sides already in 10 years again cheap plastic and poor power ratings

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Can't you just cut all the wire and use butt connectors and be done with it? Heat in an electrical connection usually means the connections are loose and faulty. Hard wire it and be done. But make 100% sure your fuse isn't oversized for the motor. You don't need a fire.

Murray, it's a multi wire female plug going into a socket on the motor nothing to splice been there already twice

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Check the fuse panel and check to see if there is a circuit breaker usually 30 amps.
They get weaker as they get old, and they trip when they get warm during normal use.
Also check the connections and make sure they are clean, tight, and dry. I like to spray a little silicone in the connectors it helps keep the moisture out.

Bob Wolf.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Check the fuse panel and you may have a bad circuit breaker. Usually 30 amp. I had to replace mine it was worn out
and would kick out after I reset it.

Problem solved 10 dollar part