BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2

Marty

Veteran Expediter
I have Michlin MTX Defenders on my Sprinter which are great tires but I was thinking of the BFGoodrich KO2s for the winter. Has anyone used these tire? I'm concerned about excess wear or any others negative using these tires for our kind of business. Thanks

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Unless you are going up to Alaska the mtx defender is the best you can get....also make sure your tires are nitrogen filled so they don't loose tire pressure as it gets colder.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've always ran the Michelins year round with no issues. Unless your running a daily route from Cleveland to Buffalo I wouldn't change them.

Reactions: ntimevan

Marty

Veteran Expediter
Thank you. My tire company puts in nitrogen and it does keep a steadier pressure. My concern is with deep snow. Last winter I got stuck three times for at least two days. Plus I live in the snow belt near Cleveland. So many times when I arrive home I have to leave my van out on the road with the flashers on while I shovel out my drive enough to get off the road.
I was thinking that the more aggressive treads on the KO2s would help in these conditions.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Look at the General Tire Arctic Alpin. I DID have a route thru Cleveland to Buffalo TWICE a day. They were good for 3-5 feet of fresh snow (with limited slip differential)

Reactions: greasytshirt