best gas card

servicepros

Seasoned Expediter
Carrier Management
Hello everyone! I am just wondering what is the best gas card or credit card to use for fuel???

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
The one that does not charge any interest to use it...the one my carrier issues to it contractors...Thanks John!! :D

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Hello everyone! I am just wondering what is the best gas card or credit card to use for fuel???

I use Fleet One and am very happy with them. Is it the best one? I don't know as I have never used another one. I like them because they treat me just like I have a 100 trucks when I actually have only one. Plus, I can use them as an ATM to draw money out of my account. That saves those $3+ fees that truck stop machines charge you.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Other than appropriately irreverent and inappropriately silly, no, you really don't. :D

What prompted my silly reply, tho, was the way Moot uses his credit card for fuel. He pays it off every month, never pays interest, and always gets a bunch of cash back to use for gift cards. That would be the best card to use, I'd think. So, I'd like to use Moot's credit card, please.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Other than appropriately irreverent and inappropriately silly, no, you really don't. :D

What prompted my silly reply, tho, was the way Moot uses his credit card for fuel. He pays it off every month, never pays interest, and always gets a bunch of cash back to use for gift cards. That would be the best card to use, I'd think. So, I'd like to use Moot's credit card, please.

so that would be a Moot point? lol:D

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
I started out using a Visa credit card. Only problem was that fuel island card reader where straight trucks fuel, don't accept them. Soooo, I was having to go inside and have pump turned on while all the trucks piled up waiting on me. Some places I could fuel where RV's fueled, but then I was plagued with the $75 limit. That's when I decided to go with a fuel card. Plus, the fuel card keeps records of fuel bought. Should I miss getting a receipt, I can look at my record online and get it.

As far as receipts go, I try to buy my fuel from Pilot. If I do, I don't go in and get my receipt everytime. They have a feature where you can get older receipts from any Pilot, from the kiosk. Nice feature for me.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
got a side question. How do I get a Pilot driver payback card. I wanna use it for showers mainly. I looked online to apply for it but didnt see where to sign up.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
got a side question. How do I get a Pilot driver payback card. I wanna use it for showers mainly. I looked online to apply for it but didnt see where to sign up.

Unless things have changed, they have the rewards cards at the fuel desk. All you have to do is ask.

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
Im pretty sure Pilot do not offer rewards/showers unless you are buying diesal, gasoline does not apply to rewards....TA does do showers/rewards card for gasoline

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
ok thank you jjoerger I will pick one up soon.

brycey- I think you are right, but I was talking to another cargo van driver maybe 2 weeks ago and was just telling how I was about to pay for a shower how I wished they were cheaper. He told me he had 2 on his driver payback card I could have one but he had a gas van so he got them 2 showers from somewhere. I spend alot of money at pilot for food and misc other items. I was figuring I could get a shower squeezed in there every now and then from that if gas purchases didnt give showers.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
At the pilot, you only earn showers and points on diesel fuel purchases. You don't earn points when you buy anything else.

You can use the card at the register to redeem points much like an ATM card, tho. If you've got, say, $10 on the card, you can use that $10 on meals or at the regular checkout in lieu of money.