Best Freight Cities West of Mississippi?

Phoenix4774

Seasoned Expediter
I was wondering if anyone lives in the Western part of the US and how they deal going home and getting back into service? What are the more decent cities to get loads from out there if you are a solo?

I was also thinking about buying a travel trailer to live in and travelling around. It seems like expediting work would lend itself well to this, and was wondering if anyone does it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I was wondering if anyone lives in the Western part of the US and how they deal going home and getting back into service?
They deal with it by doing a lot of unpaid deadhead miles to go home, and the reverse to get back to an area where they can get loaded.

What are the more decent cities to get loads from out there if you are a solo?
Phoenix once in a while, Nogales once in a while, El Paso once in a while. That's about it.

I was also thinking about buying a travel trailer to live in and travelling around. It seems like expediting work would lend itself well to this, and was wondering if anyone does it.
It may seem that way, but there's a reason nobody is doing it.
http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/general-expediter-forum/47623-pulling-really-small-camper.html

Phoenix4774

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks Turtle,

I just meant leaving the travel trailer at an RV site while expediting in a van or similar, then coming home to it and changing location if one wishes on one's off time. You can rent RV spots pretty cheap by six months or yearly.

People find many various jobs while RVing full time, some of the best would seem to be the six month national park positions. Work in the south in the winter and north in the summer!

I may be teaming in a straight truck with a guy out of Albuquerque soon, I'll ask how he works out his home time.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The title of this thread is: Best Freight Cities West of Mississippi?

My answer is Minneapolis, Kansas City, St. Louis and Dallas.