bent aluminum rim repair

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
some one lost a dolly leg the other day I found it in the middle of the road the end result blew a steer tire bent the rim,new tire is holding air but got a slight wobble at low speed can these be reshaped.
if not its gonna be a beautiful lamp base.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Not sure you can't hear aluminum and resend it like Stella it will crumble I wouldn't trust it for long just be glad this isn't yoursImageUploadedByEO Forums1446390825.116452.jpg
Entertainment trailer hit a chuckhole on the GW bridge blew the tire bent the rim cost was 1500. 00 for tire rim and service call ! Your a sitting duck on that bridge.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttruck

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
some one lost a dolly leg the other day I found it in the middle of the road the end result blew a steer tire bent the rim,new tire is holding air but got a slight wobble at low speed can these be reshaped.
if not its gonna be a beautiful lamp base.
Just wield it. You'll be fine. Then go by a new one, because wielding a rim is never a good idea.

Reactions: ntimevan

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
If it's on the very edge of the rim you can take a adjustable wrench and slowly bend it back to a round shape. But it's going to be better to buy a new rim if it takes another hit there.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Not sure you can't hear aluminum and resend it like Stella it will crumble I wouldn't trust it for long just be glad this isn't yoursView attachment 12368
Entertainment trailer hit a chuckhole on the GW bridge blew the tire bent the rim cost was 1500. 00 for tire rim and service call ! Your a sitting duck on that bridge.
Sometimes voice to text isn't such a good thing , I meant to say you can't heat aluminum, like you can steel and bend it back to a usable shape, the aluminum will crumble when it gets hot.