Back to A. Blair

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's Sunday afternoon, the 26th and my rental car is packed and chewing at the bits. It's telling me to get off the dime and start my journey to Louisville...again!!!!

I'm out of the T/T and back in a straight. The 96" sleeper was too good to pass up. And, I've never worried about making money in a straight truck with them. It's more about wondering if I have a few minutes to run in the house as I drive through Texas.

So, Jeff can start asking me questions again as I'm driving down I-75 through Ohio and I'll give him my unbiased opinion on anything. I may find myself posting more now that I'm an expediter again.

I just hope Blair is ready for my whining again.

Talk to you all later.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, in a T/T I felt like I was a really genuine big rig driver. Gave me bragging rights.

But, when you consider the size of a T/T when you want to park or back in a crowded truck stop, the straight has major advantages.

I could have a 96" sleeper in a T/T, if there was anybody who had them in their fleet. But then I've just added another 2 feet 2" to the length of that big truck I have to try to back into a spot at the FJ in Aurora, CO (very tight parking there).

I've hauled mulch weighing close to 26,000 lbs. I had to be sure I didn't top off my fuel or I wouldn't scale legally. I pulled it from Spokane to Springfield, MO. You try getting that load up and down the mountains in Idaho and Montana in February and live to tell about it. Especially when you weren't told that by law, you were supposed to have chains available.

Or, pull that load anywhere in PA or I-81 through VA. Just plain sucks.

A 70" sleeper is nothing to brag about. And, if you aren't an expeditor, you have to deal with a lot more lines and appointments.

So I'll give up my manliness for the comfort, ease of pulling the load, and the first in line status of being an expeditor again.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Chet your not alone,
I sometimes miss riding low in a large car but reality sets in before I can do anything rash.
Truth is I enjoy the luxury of pulling into a Carrabas or Outback when I take a notion and as far as catching the sights it's a lot easier with a 40' pick up.
Wait scale 26,000 is a problem?
Mike

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
>Wait scale 26,000 is a problem?
>Mike

I noticed that also. He must mean 46,000.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Had to have meant 46,000 lbs....

We understand where you're coming from. T/T is much more difficult to maneuver around, people just don't want them in their parking lots (if you can even get in) and heaven forbid, don't miss your turn because it could be 50 miles before you find a place to turn around. (That happened to us in Boston)
I for one, am spoiled :p I have grown rather used to the creature comforts that expediting allows for, and I wouldn't want to go back to the T/T world.
Hope this time with Blair works out the way you want it to.

merkelmagic

Seasoned Expediter
Welcome back. My husband and I started the first of April for A.Blair. We just love it. My husband drove T/T for 27 years and likes the down sized truck with 96" sleeper. Look forward to meeting you. Good luck this time around and God Bless.

Kick'n BASS

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Good luck again

You did a great job for us and you will be a great asset as well at Blair.

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
the only thing i preferred to t/t over expedite was the fact i usually had to wait less on getting my next load.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can identify. If I get a REALLY good team into my truck I may get an Aerocell van for me.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Rikk

Expert Expediter
Good guys to drive for!!!

If I ever buy a new truck (or get our owner to sign on) I'd go back to them in a NY minute.

Tell Steve and Shawn Rikk and Teresa said hi!!!

Rikk Sullenberger
KG4AAO
D-Unit