Average FR8 for cargo van?

mouse549

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hello everyone,
I'd like to know what the typical load is for a cargo van, how often do you really get 2pallets?
Also I've looked back and never came to a conclusion as to if you can take out the passenger seat in your cargo van, do most companies require you to have one??

Thanx
Mouse :~}

payline

Expert Expediter
Its been a while since I ran a van, but I ran one for over a year with Panther II and most of my freight was for the most part was 2 pallets. Most of the time the weight was under 2000 lbs, however once I had a load that was 2 metal bins of parts that was supposed to be 3200 lbs, but somebody messed up as total weight was actually 1400 lbs when consignee unloaded it.
As far as the passenger seat, I dont think there is any reason why you would have to have it unless you have a co driver or passenger, there is no law that says you need it, unless for some odd reason the company you are signed on with requires it, which to my knowledge none do.

Turbod_86_stang

Expert Expediter
I will chime in, I am on with "Try Hours" and honestly i would say 80 percent is 1 pallet and under 500 lbs. Very easy to deal with and i hardly ever squat the springs on my 1 ton van. As for the passenger seat here is what i did.. [link:community.webshots.com/photo/193437455/193440786dNLkai|Click Here]

Good luck and drive safe!

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
you can get e-track at just about any truck and trailer supply. It runs about 15.00 for a 10 foot section.