August locations and banter

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
No, that's the reason I did. I believe that a few of the offender will see this. I played a little sherlock Holmes. This wasnt meant to be thrown in johns face and we did clean the shower and Charlie picked up the mess in the bathroom. But if we don't tell him somethings broke he can't fix it. And its up to us to catch whos doing the rest by paying attention. That's why we got so upset. We have such respect for the facilities.

I'd have agreed with Rocketman, that the offenders would never read it, but if you have some idea of who's responsible, then bless you for the sleuthing.
If y'all wanna get that chair for Steve, I'm in!
;)

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Well, looks like I dropped the van off just in time to get my 'intermitent' starting problem checked out. When they got around to it today, it completely refused to start. Supposed to find out somethingin the morn. Current thinking is a sensor that tells computer there is fuel?

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

Dale, ask if the terminals on the connector to the sensor on the fuel filter are spread too wide.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I'd have agreed with Rocketman, that the offenders would never read it, but if you have some idea of who's responsible, then bless you for the sleuthing.
If y'all wanna get that chair for Steve, I'm in!
;)

Chair donations accepted at:

1-800-BTR-FLSH

Thank you for your support. :D

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Dale, ask if the terminals on the connector to the sensor on the fuel filter are spread too wide.

Thanks Steve.. Brian's got it.. I'll call him and ask in the morn. Is that a common thing? It was just intermittent... just every now and then would take 2 or 3 tries to start it, then would do fine for several days..

Me

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Thanks Steve.. Brian's got it.. I'll call him and ask in the morn. Is that a common thing? It was just intermittent... just every now and then would take 2 or 3 tries to start it, then would do fine for several days..

Me

Since the filter hadn't been changed regularly before you got it, the connector can be tough to get off. The terminals can spread making an intermittent connection. Corrosion on the terminals can also be a cause.

Sorry I didn't think of it sooner. Been in a fog lately.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Morning from laredo. I'm not surprised, but I can add myself to the people with scanner/QC problems :(
I knew it was going to have problems from the start, I'll leave it at that. Where is our laredo yard located at? :confused::p

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
So what are your guys thoughts on this big storm coming?

I would say the best thing is to get out of its way.

The truck I had in LA was moved north last night. If dispatch hadn't moved him, I would have.

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I need to get back to Michigan by Friday or get my license plate sent to me somewhere. Temp tag expires on Friday the 31st. Looks like it's going to be hard to miss the storm. Be Safe out there.

map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Gonna dump a lot of needed rain up in the Midwest. Ofcourse its bound to do some new Orleans damage.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter

Me

I ended up with a new computer. Then the new computer wouldn't mate to the van. Engineers in Germany had to get involved, but couldn't figure it out. My mechanic ended up figuring out a way to trick the computer into accepting the vehicle. Hey, it's a Sprinter.

eb

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Haven't looked yet today, but generally, if your near the coast, get out of there. If your inland for a few hundred miles, watch for spin off tornadoes. The rest of us will see wind and some rain...hopefully a little wind and a lot of rain, but mother nature tends to have a mind of her own.

Has anyone heard from Scottm? Hoping he and Nula are safe and it doesnt effect their trip. I know they were looking forward to it.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter

why is i always miss all the fun all that wind reminds me of my ex full of wind and no place was good enough for me to hide when she was on the war path no all jokes aside i hope everyone is safe & this big BIG MOTHER NATURE wind storm hurricane does not do to much disaster and everyone is in a area away from it ..

but like the horses in the stalls at the kentucky derby in lousiville ky the flying wombat is just waiting on that next big phone call to start lining up for the next big run out of the stalls i give the guys a 5/4 favorite in getting the wombat running today ..

ps if your in the path of this hurricane get out now guys !!

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
by the way everyone have a great labor day holiday i am staying out well till wednesday of the following week then it is O/S for the wombat white water time wow i can see broken arm legs neck collar concusion a few days later will be posting a dvd on here of this trip yippie .....

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Haven't looked yet today, but generally, if your near the coast, get out of there. If your inland for a few hundred miles, watch for spin off tornadoes. The rest of us will see wind and some rain...hopefully a little wind and a lot of rain, but mother nature tends to have a mind of her own.

Has anyone heard from Scottm? Hoping he and Nula are safe and it doesnt effect their trip. I know they were looking forward to it.
as far as i know they are in my country ( australia )

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
From what it looked like on the tracker, they had a bit of rough seas, but should be good. They should be able to make all of their ports, since it is the eastern Caribbean

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Ok...maybe Im misinformed...nothing new there...lol. I thought they were leaving from galveston yesterday.

ok i am not sure last week scott contact me to ask about Australia as they had to head that way for there daughter being i not heard from scott i was under the impression they were on the way to the land down under but i guess like the rod steward song they must SAILING so they are either on a boat or a plane to the land down under ??