August locations and banter

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Finally back running.. couple sick days plus an unexpected funeral of an extended family member made for a short week. Ran a short run to Goshen, IN earlier, pre-dispatched on one picking up after while near here, going up by the yard. Guess I'll get my PM done early in the morn, and hope for something mid range to save the week.. sis is still under medical care for at least another week.. gonna stick reasonably close. She's better, but heart still acting up, and they're waiting for it to be settled before doing shoulder replacement surgery.. (broken shoulder, socket needs replaced).

Dale

guido4475

Not a Member
Over 12 hours with no posts from anyone? We all must be busy! Had the small load yesterday, theen got done with that in Warren, Mi.And got almost back to the yard and they called me and asked if I could do another one,in Warren.Needing the work, I did.It was a hot one.Real hot.I'm thinking yea, I've heard that before....lol...But, when I turn onto the street of the shipper, the workers were actually out in the street, waving me down...They were in super freak out mode..seems they made a batch of bad parts, and the plant was going to shut down if I didnt get there real fast.I was 10 minutes early.In Toledo now, hoping for another one to make this week somewhat respectable....lol...If one doesn't come up, going to the house.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Morning all. In el paso, not many here. Time for a shower then breakfast then a load for the weekend. Hopefully in that order.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well, at the shop, getting oil change.. van acted up again. Tech says crank sensor.. easy fix, but waiting on the part to get in. Bout hr or two... was sitting 9 of 16.. realllly don't wanna go out of service, or refuse anything.. hope it gets here quick.

Dale

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Delivered to El Paso this morning from Virginia, then ran up the street (same street) to pick up one going over to Calexico. Waiting to get loaded now.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered to El Paso this morning from Virginia, then ran up the street (same street) to pick up one going over to Calexico. Waiting to get loaded now.

Someone is right place , right time.....:)

Parts are being ordered for repair....:)...finally

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trying to see how many cell towers in Mexico my phone can switch to without telling me. Also, how many drug cartel members I can spot.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Well, just as planned shower, breakfast and a weekend load in that order. Life is good. Pick up at 1700 and head est. Nice ride for the weekend. Maybe even have a chance to stop and get the old girl a bath on the way. Hope everyone else gets moving.

guido4475

Not a Member
Someone is right place , right time.....:)

Parts are being ordered for repair....:)...finally

Is it working out like you had hoped? If you need anything, let me know. Still waiting for a load.You're not missing anything out here, I guess.Perfect timing, once again...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We get a few nice hours than crap blows in. Been that way the last three days. 50 50 I guess.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Perfect timing...got my crank sensor in, pulled out, phone rings with pickup <10 miles away..2 leg, down to Toledo and return.

Dale