Are you a Gamer?

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
sounds like a good set up englishlady. I'd love to have that in my van :)

But on the 911 First Responders game. You control the fire department, ems, police, and technical units like engineers for red light failures and tow trucks for vehicles. You get called out by the dispatcher and you have to click on the units from the fire station and click to move them on the map with lights and sirens blasting. You control the vehicle till on scene then you control the personnel. The game is orginally meant for UK with their emergency vehicles and roads but they have many sub mods available to where you can play US maps. The one I play is Los Angles Mod. But the game link is Atari Video Games and game cost is $20 . Also youtube has alot of videos if he is interested in checking out how the game looks.

WOOHOO, I get to drive on the proper side of the road again :D :D

Thanks i will let Tony know :)

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
I found this info on the Kinect - it is a British editor who got to try out all the motion sensor consoles - lucky guy :D

James Birtles, Sky News, editor

This Christmas is expected to see the fiercest battle yet in the multi-million-pound gaming market - but which of the mega-gadgets is best?

I tried out Microsoft's Kinect - the console making the most noise right now - with my family, including my gaming enthusiast son Daniel, 13.

The Nintendo Wii has dominated the motion sensor market with a growing range of hardware gadgets and games and Sony has recently launched its equivalent, the Playstation Move.

But now we have the Kinect, which works with the Xbox 360.

A motion sensor scans your body, allowing you to control an on-screen avatar and play complex games - just by the movements of your body.

"It's just such a breath of fresh air. I have a Wii and for years for me it’s been the pinnacle of console gaming," said Daniel.

"But now Microsoft has totally re-invented the market. And I just can't wait for what's coming next when they bring out new games.

"My favourite game so far is the Kinect Adventures. From whitewater rafting to popping bubbles floating in space, the sensor fixed on our telly accurately and picked up the exact movements of my body without the need for a controller, making it so much more active and free

"However, Wii games offer a much bigger range, currently with more depth and gameplay. Hopefully Microsoft will release more games in the future.

"The Xbox Kinect is an amazing piece of kit, and is a major landmark in gaming history.

"It has the graphics, the power, and the technology behind it. It certainly has massive potential.

"I loved jumping around, watching my on-screen avatar following every move of my body. Quite strange at first, but you quickly really get into it. It makes gaming energetic and fun.

"So what would I buy today? An XBox Kinect, a Nintendo Wii or the new Playstation Move? Difficult decision! The technology of the Kinect is miles ahead of the Wii so it wins there. But the Wii has better games.

"If the games on the Kinect do catch up with the technology, it's going to be hard to beat."

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
If there wasnt video games I wouldnt know what I would do. When I got nothing to do I play games to kill time. I have a xbox360 at home but dont get played much so I play games on the laptop. Right now this game I found a couple months ago named 911 First Responders is occupying my time alot lately.

For the people with gaming consoles. How do you power it and what size tv's do you have?

Without taking a tape outside to check it I believe its a 17inch flatscreen mounted on the sidewall at the foot of my bed..Power comes off the wall outlet from the inverter or shore power when I find it. Xbox is hooked up same way and secure to a counter top in sleeper. All Hi-dif cables.

"So what would I buy today? An XBox Kinect, a Nintendo Wii or the new Playstation Move? Difficult decision! The technology of the Kinect is miles ahead of the Wii so it wins there. But the Wii has better games.

At this point I say put the money into Xbox, I feel Microsoft has the best servers out there for muiltplayers. Only problem is they charge and then after they feel they milked the market as far as they can go they stop supporting the games and servers..

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
sounds like a good set up englishlady. I'd love to have that in my van :)

But on the 911 First Responders game. You control the fire department, ems, police, and technical units like engineers for red light failures and tow trucks for vehicles. You get called out by the dispatcher and you have to click on the units from the fire station and click to move them on the map with lights and sirens blasting. You control the vehicle till on scene then you control the personnel. The game is orginally meant for UK with their emergency vehicles and roads but they have many sub mods available to where you can play US maps. The one I play is Los Angles Mod. But the game link is Atari Video Games and game cost is $20 . Also youtube has alot of videos if he is interested in checking out how the game looks.

Hmmm did I actually thank you for this link to 911 First responders..... I haven't been able to get on the laptop until now - yes he likes it A LOT :eek: LOL :D

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
I have never been a fan of console games but I do play a game called EVE Online (a sci-fi MMORPG) and Hearts of Iron III a WW2 grand strategy pc game.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
I have never been a fan of console games but I do play a game called EVE Online (a sci-fi MMORPG) and Hearts of Iron III a WW2 grand strategy pc game.

PC games?

Please don't get him started on anything else new .... I will have to buy a second laptop otherwise :eek:

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Hmmm did I actually thank you for this link to 911 First responders..... I haven't been able to get on the laptop until now - yes he likes it A LOT LOL

ON NO now he wants advice from you :eek:

Where did you download the LA mod from?
apparently he did this but there is no-one in the firetruck when he gets to where he's going :rolleyes:

I'm sure you know what all that means :D

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Took me a long time to get use to the xbox controls.Have no idea why because with the pc you almost have unlimited options with the keyboard making you much busier then with the simple hand held controllers.. Combining a force feed back joy stick and the keyboard keep ya busy going thru different functions. Plus ya had option of bringing the mouse into the game also. Change is hard but I have adapted and given into the consoles :D

cannedmeat27

Expert Expediter
I have an xbox 360 i got it the day it came out waited 12hrs in line at walmart. My current game im playing is castlevania lords of shadow on the 360 cool game just stuck on it right now
I also play alot of nintendo ds

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Been racing nascar on line with my PC at home for years.Game works in my lap top but not very well,so dont do when on road

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
I have an xbox 360 i got it the day it came out waited 12hrs in line at walmart. My current game im playing is castlevania lords of shadow on the 360 cool game just stuck on it right now
I also play alot of nintendo ds

Have you looked at IGN.com? They have a lot of walkthroughs that are really helpful ;)

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
ON NO now he wants advice from you :eek:

Where did you download the LA mod from?
apparently he did this but there is no-one in the firetruck when he gets to where he's going :rolleyes:

I'm sure you know what all that means :D

to get the people in the fire truck or any vehicle for that matter you must hit the alarm box near the fire station ( should be a flashing box ). If im not mistaking the regular game doesnt have a box you just have to click the units on the bottom left and dispatch them out like that.

But for La Mod the download link is Los Angeles Mod 2.0 - International Emergency & 911: First Responders Fan Forum its a free download. Once on the page look on the top left and you will see a blue box saying " Download File " once downloaded the mod has a built in installer.

bugsysiegel

Expert Expediter
I play some games, Anarchy Online mostly, but also Civ 5, Harpoon, and X-Plane.

I believe I've tried every MMO out there at one time or another though. :)

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Hmmm did I actually thank you for this link to 911 First responders..... I haven't been able to get on the laptop until now - yes he likes it A LOT LOL :D

Now its got to this stage Chris ......

Dear Santa Claus, yes, bring me my own laptop.
Before Christmas would be ok

:D:D:D

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Has anyone played "Sabateur" on the 360?

A friend was recommending it, its not a new game but it got an 8/10 rating by Game Informer

:D