Are all companies the same about at their yard?

VanMan

Expert Expediter
I was wondering if most companies are the same about parking on their yard/parking lot?Tristate you can't park overnight,don't have access to the building at night,meaning no way in,even to get a soda or a bag of chips.You can't meet the dispatchers,unless you happen to bump into them somehow.When you pick up freight bills,or any paperwork,they ask what time you will arrive,and stash the paperwork in a location.Just wondering.Seems unprofessional,if you know what I mean.x(

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
RE: Are all companies the same about at their yard

we drive for Panther and they have a lounge, laundry and shower. They also have vending machines. Sounds like Tri-State has something to hide or they have screwed enough drivers to want to keep them from entering their premises. If they tell you its security, then the above reasons apply. Run the other way!

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

WE DRIVE FOR LANDSTAR. DRIVERS ARE VERY WELCOME AT THE CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS. WE ALSO HAVE ORIENTATION CENTERS AROUND THE COUNTRY,WITH TRUCK PARKING,TV LOUNGE,VENDING MACHINES,SHOWERS,LAUNDRY,COMPUTERS WITH INTERNET ACCESS,& PHONES. FOR DRIVERS TO USE 24/7/365, 100% FREE OF CHARGE. :+ :+ :+ :+

cliffn

Expert Expediter

My wife and I also run for Landstar. We recently spent Saturday and Sunday at the Orientation center in Rockford, IL. That particular facility has showers, laundry, TV room, small kitchen, four or five computers online, phones, etc., etc. We did not find all the supplies we needed so a security person went to the office area and brought us what we needed (trip reports, logs, etc.) I also might mention that the security folks are not watching the drivers thinking they will do something wrong. They are around to give help if needed and are extremely friendly. We really enjoyed the weekend, did our laundry (free) and shared stories with the other drivers. On Monday we met a new group of drivers coming in then got a call with a good load and were on our way. :D :D :) :+ :+

BULLRUSH

Expert Expediter

your company sucks at landstar we have a driver lounge which has everything including showers. there doors are open 24-7 365.:7