April "Rabbit rabbit rabbit"

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Having fun driving the big truck. What a challenge it is, working your way out of turning down a dead end road, with one driveway. LOL

Hope they don't send you to a certain mall in Pittsburgh, where you can't see a dock when you turn into the drive. You see a store dead ahead, a parking garage with a 7 ft clearance to the left, and a parking lot studded with islands [to keep big trucks out] to the right.
And as you peruse the situation while sitting at a red light, you're on a steep hill - better not roll back, there's a 4 wheeler bumpersticker, lol.
I sure don't miss those days!

PS What you can't see is the taller opening in the parking garage, because that's where the dock is. [And the pedestrians, baby strollers, and waaay too many 4 wheelers].

Reactions: Tennesseahawk

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Hope they don't send you to a certain mall in Pittsburgh, where you can't see a dock when you turn into the drive. You see a store dead ahead, a parking garage with a 7 ft clearance to the left, and a parking lot studded with islands [to keep big trucks out] to the right.
And as you peruse the situation while sitting at a red light, you're on a steep hill - better not roll back, there's a 4 wheeler bumpersticker, lol.
I sure don't miss those days!

PS What you can't see is the taller opening in the parking garage, because that's where the dock is. [And the pedestrians, baby strollers, and waaay too many 4 wheelers].

Not to worry. Pitts, and 3 other cities, are off my go to list. Ain't nobody got time fo dat! o_O

Reactions: cheri1122

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
How do you tell when the driveshaft is going bad, other than it falling out onto the road? I just hit 600k on my '04.

Mine started making a squeaky noise once in a while. I suspected that at least one universal joint went bad since I had the same thing happen on a pickup truck a few years ago. When I removed the driveshaft to inspect it, the rear u-joint felt like it had sand in it when moving from side to side. Since the u-joints are not replaceable I had to replace the whole drive shaft. I replaced it with an aftermarket one for 2 reasons: 1. cheaper and 2. I can replace the u-joints when they go bad.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan