April fooled ya !!!!!

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
I'm around. Currently in Columbia,Mo with wife. Her mother is in the hospital. And then there were a lot of " stuff " to deal with. Back in service Monday 0500. Maybe I'll see ya at the yard soon and I can tell about that " stuff " lol
Look forward to seeing you out here again brotha.

Reactions: jelliott

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
The blow up doll or the patch kit !!!

Riding out some really bad storms in Pine Bluff, AR. Thunder so loud you can't hear and raining like crazy. The light show is pretty cool also.
Well for you my friend it's definitely the doll.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Ok, question for the straight truck drivers out there. What percentage of your loads are over the following criteria? Over a payload of 8500 and/or requiring more than 16 feet of space. Just trying to figure out if a second truck payment is justifiable and figure out if size really DOES matter. Also for those who have a lift gate. What percentage requires a lift?

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ok, question for the straight truck drivers out there. What percentage of your loads are over the following criteria? Over a payload of 8500 and/or requiring more than 16 feet of space. Just trying to figure out if a second truck payment is justifiable and figure out if size really DOES matter. Also for those who have a lift gate. What percentage requires a lift?

I would say less than 20% for us !!!

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Yesterday I was 8 out 8 on the Q, first thing this morning I was 1 out of 11, then at 11am was 1 out of 15 now 1 out of 10. Could someone explain what I'm doing wrong when I'm at the yard, I would appreciate it greatly!!!

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I would say less than 20% for us !!!
Thanks. It just seems almost every other call I get it ends up it won't fit into my truck. Either they remember to look after they have dialed the number and say "oops, forgot you were the small large straight" or I have to remind them to look at my dimensions and then they move on. So I was thinking I was missing up to 50% of the potential loads as some of the dispatchers remember me and won't even call. But you are saying less than 20%. Hmmmm, still that is a 20% increase in load possibilities.

Are others in the 20% range also?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Yesterday I was 8 out 8 on the Q, first thing this morning I was 1 out of 11, then at 11am was 1 out of 15 now 1 out of 10. Could someone explain what I'm doing wrong when I'm at the yard, I would appreciate it greatly!!!

You get units delivering and then going out of service especially on weekends and stuff like that.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Thanks. It just seems almost every other call I get it ends up it won't fit into my truck. Either they remember to look after they have dialed the number and say "oops, forgot you were the small large straight" or I have to remind them to look at my dimensions and then they move on. So I was thinking I was missing up to 50% of the potential loads as some of the dispatchers remember me and won't even call. But you are saying less than 20%. Hmmmm, still that is a 20% increase in load possibilities.

Are others in the 20% range also?

Well that is almost impossible for a lower unit to answer as they will never know what all they didn't see.

I always say bigger is better. :)

Anything that increases load opportunities is good. Size, weight, hazmat, cross border all increase a trucks movement possibilities.

Much like trailers....80 percent of kids may fit in a 48 foot trailer.....but I would never buy a 48.

Just my humble opinion. Some of the other straights can weigh in.

Reactions: flattop40