April Banter and Location

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Happy April Fool's Day everyone.

I hope life isn't one big joke, because I don't get it.

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Murfreesboro TN. Can't deliver until 2100 tonight. So its the Pilot to get some sleep. Then down to Manchester TN and "2 Purple Pigs BBQ tomorrow for lunch, nascar and dinner...then back up here for the delivery.....:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Murfreesboro TN. Can't deliver until 2100 tonight. So its the Pilot to get some sleep. Then down to Manchester TN and "2 Purple Pigs BBQ tomorrow for lunch, nascar and dinner...then back up here for the delivery.....:)

Good morning.....WYG...Dennis...........now if only dispatch would get Cuzz out of S.Ky I'd be happy.....

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We would be if they would get us out of el paso. I'm sure they will, but was kinda hoping it would be over the weekend. Did do some good loads the last 3 days. Thought it was over when we got to Dallas though. Some of the things out of there were unbelievable.

mss1963

Expert Expediter
spent some good time at home, everything is done paid uncle sam his portion for last year!!!! Waiting on dispatch to get that good load..Hope everbody enjoy's their day.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
spent some good time at home, everything is done paid uncle sam his portion for last year!!!! Waiting on dispatch to get that good load..Hope everbody enjoy's their day.

For the record, our taxes are filed...but I'll be danged if I write that check until 4/17/12! Am I alone with that thought?

mss1963

Expert Expediter
I had to write 2 check's and get 1 refund, because where the wife work's!!! Also hired accountant to take care of tax's with the law's changing so much wife said no more....So now we have another added expense every month but at the end of year she will have relief and not have to worry about it. It's all good.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I had to write 2 check's and get 1 refund, because where the wife work's!!! Also hired accountant to take care of tax's with the law's changing so much wife said no more....So now we have another added expense every month but at the end of year she will have relief and not have to worry about it. It's all good.
Yep, we've got an excellant accountant..but see no need to do things monthly as Ken keeps pretty good tabs on what he has to.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Freight has definitely picked up a bit. TT's are having record weeks two weeks in a row. Sprinters are finally moving better. Still a little slower than I would like in Detroit and Chicago.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We got one p/u tomorrow, waiting for a second to hopefully spice things up a bit. As far as the irs, we wrote the check but it won't be mailed till the 15th. Payed more this year than we ever have but we made 30k more than last year and what we payed was personal tax, the corp. Payed nothing.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter

Glad to hear that it worked out for you!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
At my parents house. Made breakfast this morning. Funeral tomorrow and then back to work.

Thank you again everyone for your support

Sent from my VS910 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I like when people make more :cool:

Well my 1st quarter is in the books..ran the numbers from this yr and last yr for the same time period...

Ran less miles both DH and Loaded. Ran less runs, and Made a lot more....I hate to keep saying this, but as slow as it has been, people need to quit looking at each weekly settlement and do their best to look monthly and really quarterly if at all possible. Yea we all have weekly bills, but as in any business we need that "cushion" to carry us weekly. I had my share of lean "weeks", but on a whole the quarter was very good and i am looking forward to a better 2nd quarter and a great yr...

Hope you all have a great day and be safe as you move around this beautiful country of ours!!! :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
March Expense Report done, e-mailed and sitting in Angie's mailbox. BAM!

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Happy April everyone. Ran a local yesterday, then did a PM on the cube van, Then spent the rest of day working on the straight truck and wrapped up with that late morning today. Its sure going to take me a while to get the truck back to 100% but in due time it will be. Just trying to balance work load and down time to maximize the work load and minimize the downtime. Jeremy has me booked on 4 locals for Monday and the wife is headed to Ohio. Hoping she can get anything coming back up so she doesnt have to deadhead back up.

I hope everyone has an outstanding April!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yesterday I got one of those sweet loads that pay more than double the usual rate for all miles. Only drawback was, at least a couple of the bags leaked grass seed all over the floor, and the labels said it will germinate under almost any conditions - hope I got it all swept out, lol - would be just too embarrassing to find grass growing from the crevices next time I open the doors!