April 2011 locations!

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
cincy. somewhere with a wally world and a starbucks. i was asleep when we got here so i am not sure where "here" actually is.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How does anyone make money, with a .95 run to Harve, Mt, knowing full well it will require a deadhead out of there?

Rlent hit the daily double once. Got a load from K.C. to Havre and back to K.C. I have delivered to Havre a few times over the years and always get money up front to cover deadheading out. Never got a load out of there.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
You should probably leave your cash and credit cards in the truck.It could be a reel expensive day there.LOL:D

Well it was fun looking, found some carhartt henley shirts on sale, got 4 of those. But the RV 's are not big temptation, after living in a staight truck for weeks at a time, don't want to stay in a RV when I do take some time off. Now the boats, I could get in trouble there! But got to stay focused on my goal of saving up to a class 8 staight truck by the end of this year. Well off to the TA for a nap.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Picked up load in Detroit and delivered in Rockford IL this afternoon to finish off a great week now sitting at the Landstar homeless shelter trying to decide where to go for dinner? Ryans is sounding pretty good right now

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Rlent hit the daily double once. Got a load from K.C. to Havre and back to K.C. I have delivered to Havre a few times over the years and always get money up front to cover deadheading out. Never got a load out of there.

Year before last, I did a round trip between Barstow, Ca and Havre, Mt, in the week between Christmas & New Year's. The difference in weather was jaw dropping, to understate it a bit. :eek:

moose

Veteran Expediter
Nota wrote:

Well I don't run for $.95 a mile, but to answer your question, maybe lease to a company that would pay you to sit for 2 days while they try and find yo freight out, and if they don't they pay for whatever gas/fuel it takes to DH you out to an more productive area....

As an 'Owner' you should know that driving your 'Owner' broke is pricing 'yourself' out of the market.

a load to a bad area can be average up.
a load to nowhere is a per load operations in the Expedite Rssetta Stoned.

for all of you L1/JD cheerleaders, better save your cheese .

- a friendly service :)

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
How does anyone make money, with a .95 run to Harve, Mt, knowing full well it will require a deadhead out of there?

I sat in KC for 1.5 days and refused loads to Arizona, (.95 cmp), knowing would have to dh back to the east, also bid too high on a load to Milford, Ut ... same secanario.

I will NOT haul cheap freight into desolate areas. (And I seldom haul cheap at all!)

Today I am at Foristell, Mo ... and I imagine I will be here the weekend ...

My contract rate is 85 cpm, i made them pay me more for the dead miles. There is freight that comes right back out of Havre sometimes if you wait there a few days. The railroad always has loads from there. I took the run because it put me 1300 miles from home, and had already planned to deadhead home for a week of vacation. I am still clearing 270 bucks off the load even with the dead miles home.

I've had 9300 loaed miles in less than 3 and a half weeks, it's not a big deal for me to drop 300 in fuel money to get back to civilization. I don't know why you never get loaded out of AZ or CA. I have only had to deadhead out of California one time and that was to go to Bolt orientation. I have been loaded out of CA everytime i've gone home. Heck, i've been loaded withinminutes of returning to service a few times when I was leased on to Bolt. All of the loads went back to Michigan, one to Laredo, and the shortest one went to Denver.The advantage I have in California is that I can wait at home comfortably for a load even if it takes 2 weeks. I don't have to rot away in that nasty truck stop in Fontana.

Oh, I guarantee you OVM won't be sitting very long in Nogales before he gets a run back to Strling Michigan for Mac Assembly. Mark my words, Nogales AZ is a great place to get a long load out of if you are patient. I also make money at 85-88-95- and a dollar a mile, it's less than I did last year because of fuel prices, but I am running good and turning a profit. I have a friend who lives in San Dieo and workd for Landstar in a cargo van, he makes good rates, but I still beat him on gross andnet revenue, because he sits for days on end while i'mout here tearing up the pavement.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Sitting at the TA near Springfield, MO. Exit 88. Suffering with a sinus infection/cold. Cant deliver this load til Monday. Gonna go to Walmart tomorrow and get me something for my faucet nose...lol

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
Year before last, I did a round trip between Barstow, Ca and Havre, Mt, in the week between Christmas & New Year's. The difference in weather was jaw dropping, to understate it a bit. :eek:

I spent two years at a radar site at Opheim MT. The next radar site west was at Havre. I remember getting snowed in on Easter. Jerry Lee