Anyone moving

guido4475

Not a Member
this all scares me, to think i am thinking about buying a 2009 van.i might need a drug test.but it sure beats a straight truck,from what i figure.i've been sitting since friday in lebanon, ind.why did i come back out?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
this all scares me, to think i am thinking about buying a 2009 van.i might need a drug test.but it sure beats a straight truck,from what i figure.i've been sitting since friday in lebanon, ind.why did i come back out?

I sat there last week..got out on 3rd day....

Zoli

Veteran Expediter

If you wait 2-3 weeks I can give you one for free.You can use it for dog house ,chicken barn etc.

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
Had a load picking up at 7 pm last night in Pennsylvania, going to Michigan. Made it to I80, and that was as far as that went. We couldn't make it up the hill, 18 wheelers couldn't make it up the hill, the plows couldn't even make it. So, we had to stop for awhile, and waited to move on. Late for delivery, but hell, I'm not risking my life for any load. It is not worth it to me.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Hi folks, waiting on a new Sterling from St Thomas, anyone been hauling into there maybe they seeeen it, its only 3 months late.
I'm up the road a bit at the J in London .... want I should run down and see how it's coming along ? :D

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I drove over to Findlay yesterday morning just after the second wave of snow was getting started at the house, and picked up my load and drove it up to London. US 224 over to the pickup was a real mess .... but I75 heading north was alot better - one lane clear out of Findlay, and then up by Bowling Green they had two cleared, and the 401 was good all the way over.

It's snowing pretty good here in London right now though ......

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I drove over to Findlay yesterday morning just after the second wave of snow was getting started at the house, and picked up my load and drove it up to London. US 224 over to the pickup was a real mess .... but I75 heading north was alot better - one lane clear out of Findlay, and then up by Bowling Green they had two cleared, and the 401 was good all the way over.

It's snowing pretty good here in London right now though ......

What would you expect? You are sitting in a snow belt....:rolleyes:

from west of London to Stratford

diver5240

Seasoned Expediter
Sitting in Oklahoma City, OK. Been her for 2 days, nothing but cheap freight offers. The ice has finally melted mostly away. The weather is nice today. God I wish I was home, at least I could be in a comfey seat (HAHA). Hope you all are safe where you are at.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ran all week, picked up loads on Monday, Wed, and Thursday. Drove through the storm on Monday night. Started with snow in Indy then ice all the way down I65. For some strange reason the roads did not ice up much, at least as I went through. I have NEVER had SO much ice on my truck. 2" thick on some surfaces. I could feel the weight of the ice. Getting out of the truck was really fun, all the grab rails and steps were just coated in ice. We are now back in Indy, I suspect for the weekend. Layoutshooter

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
We picked up a load in Shippenville, PA yesterday and dropped it in Springfield, MO this morning. We've been sitting at Petro in Kingdom City, MO all day and probably be here for the weekend. At least the weather is nice and the roads are clear. :D

always confused

Seasoned Expediter
delivered fri in sterling heights sat all weekend and monday in detroit area. picked up tues in adrian mi, going to spring hill tn. roads were a mess in indiana, and indianapolis was a disaster. south of louisville roads ok but had to run left lane as downed trees all over right lane. picked up wed in nashville going to livonia... was getting loaded and got a call. take it to airport for air charter.. customer worried about weather. after emptied at airport called dispatch and said try tommorow as if things were that bad i didn't need to be out there. pickedup thurs in bowling green, ky going to sterling heights, mi. today nothing but need to be at the house monday so doctor can poke and prod and probably get some blood before renewing prescriptions... so long empty drive home to alabama. so three runs for the week. not getting rich this way, but staying alive.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Delivering in Billings on Monday morning. We'll see what kind of luck I have getting out of there.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
had 2610 lats week all at 1.35 and either a 19 or 22 cent FSC but looks like we are going to have to week end over at
Edinburg ,TX hope to get out early Monday

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
Picked up a few loads out of Michigan, and brought them to Kentucky. Currently sitting at the Pilot in Morton's Gap Kentucky. Where the signs on the fuel island say "Please pull FOWARD after fueling." Haha. Can't get over it.

B

Buster

Stuck on the LA baord since THURSDAY. Offered 2 minis with dh equal or greater than the LM. Plus an offer to go to CALGARY and another to go to ARIEL, WA. Both black holes. Finaly worked our way up to #1 on board to get knowcked down by 2 first-outs. 13 straight trucks here. 9 Elites in 300 mile radius. So much for doing a favor by taking this load to here...maybe we'll get out by JUNE.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Stuck on the LA baord since THURSDAY. Offered 2 minis with dh equal or greater than the LM. Plus an offer to go to CALGARY and another to go to ARIEL, WA. Both black holes. Finaly worked our way up to #1 on board to get knowcked down by 2 first-outs. 13 straight trucks here. 9 Elites in 300 mile radius. So much for doing a favor by taking this load to here...maybe we'll get out by JUNE.

In one post you say you have been there eight days. In this one you say "Since Thursday"? With today being Saturday, that is three days.
If you can't figure how long you have been there, you very well may be there in June.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Yes. An i'd shurs as heck rather be in Calgary than LA. Try it, there's some good times there. Is yer math ok? Or, yer calendar diked up?

There is a nuther prospect fer ya Dave.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Yes. An i'd shurs as heck rather be in Calgary than LA. Try it, there's some good times there. .

Yes , like Wal Marts supper stores that closed at night ,
a free entery to Hockey games ,
and the IDO Japanese's restaurants (a must try ),

Moose.