Anyone catch the Travel Channel show last night?

JeffJensen

Moderator Emeritus
They rated the "World's Greatest Truck Stops."

I didn't keep an accurate list, but among the top 10 were (to the best of my recollection):

#9 I-80 in Walcott, IA.

#2 T/A in Lodi, OH. This one was rated "World's Best Yuppie Truck Stop" because it has a Starbucks and Internet access!

#1 A German truck stop that offers clothing-optional saunas and indoor pool.

Some of the other stops listed (I forget their ranking) were:

*Racine, WI (it has a full-time chiropractor)

*The Jubitz in Portland, OR with what appears to be a 5-star restaurant and luxury hotel.

*Salisbury, NC stop with a full-size chapel.

*The Alamo truck stop outside of Dallas(?) with a limo ride from the parking lot to the restaurant.

*A Malaysian truck stop

I missed the opening of the program, so I didn't hear what criteria were used in determining the judging of the truck stops.

Jeff Jensen

newthead

Expert Expediter
RE: Anyone catch the Travel Channel show last nigh

I ate at the Portland Jubitz just a few days ago. You will definately not walk out of there hungry! The place used to be a dump but they fixed it up a few years ago so now its pretty nice.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter

>They rated the "World's Greatest Truck Stops."
>
>I didn't keep an accurate list, but among the top 10 were
>(to the best of my recollection):
>
>#9 I-80 in Walcott, IA.
>
>#2 T/A in Lodi, OH. This one was rated "World's Best Yuppie
>Truck Stop" because it has a Starbucks and Internet access!
>
>#1 A German truck stop that offers clothing-optional saunas
>and indoor pool.
>
>Some of the other stops listed (I forget their ranking)
>were:
>
>*Racine, WI (it has a full-time chiropractor)
>
>*The Jubitz in Portland, OR with what appears to be a 5-star
>restaurant and luxury hotel.
>
>*Salisbury, NC stop with a full-size chapel.
>
>*The Alamo truck stop outside of Dallas(?) with a limo ride
>from the parking lot to the restaurant.
>
>*A Malaysian truck stop
>
>I missed the opening of the program, so I didn't hear what
>criteria were used in determining the judging of the truck
>stops.
>
>Jeff Jensen

I agree about Jubitz. It is great. I loved staying there. One thing though Jeff. Alamo truckstop is in Reno, NV. It is a nice truckstop but nowhere near as nice as Boomtown in the same city. The one outside of Dallas with the limo is the Rip-Off Griffins in Terrell, TX.

Given the people you see in a truckstop (Myself included) would you really want to go into a clothing optional sauna?? lol

zingfu25

Expert Expediter

First of all let me say, I'm not being sarcastic when I ask this and its not pointed at anyone directly. Its just that
I'm not understanding why its done. Why when 1 person asks something and the next person posting replies to them directly, do they feel the need to copy everything the first person said into their text box. Don't those people think we read what the first person said? Just wondering.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Just the other day or last week, when gambler was on a roll about the company owned trucks, I was thinking that very same thing. I looked at it, thought about it, and came up with 2 possible reasons. 1 They do it so we know whom it is they are replying to, or 2 They think the meaning of (REPLY WITH QUOTE) is to answer the question or comment of that post they click on directly, and that the meaning of (REPLY) is to comment to all the replies, and not any one directly. Sound good??? Or maybe sometimes they will just hit on the wrong link. That is just what I came up with, maybe we can hear it right from the horses mouth???

newthead

Expert Expediter

"Just the other day or last week, when gambler was on a roll about the company owned trucks, I was thinking that very same thing. I looked at it, thought about it, and came up with 2 possible reasons. 1 They do it so we know whom it is they are replying to, or 2 They think the meaning of (REPLY WITH QUOTE) is to answer the question or comment of that post they click on directly, and that the meaning of (REPLY) is to comment to all the replies, and not any one directly. Sound good??? Or maybe sometimes they will just hit on the wrong link. That is just what I came up with, maybe we can hear it right from the horses mouth???"

I don't know, why DO people do that?
HA! I couldn't resist!!

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

><((('> ><((('> ><((('> R&R is a wonderful thing <')))>< <')))>< <')))><

gambler

Expert Expediter

hey be glad i didnt reply with quote to all of you..hahahaha i can only speak for myself and it is so people do not get "confused" as to whom is talking to whom etc etc..that seems to cause more blowups on these type of sites with people misquoting etc etc...i know it kida sucks though...makes for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong post!

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter

>First of all let me say, I'm not being sarcastic when I ask
>this and its not pointed at anyone directly. Its just that
>I'm not understanding why its done. Why when 1 person asks
>something and the next person posting replies to them
>directly, do they feel the need to copy everything the first
>person said into their text box. Don't those people think we
>read what the first person said? Just wondering.
The way I look at it is, if a baseball commentator can tell you every minute detail about a game right after its over or a TV news commentator can tell you what the president just said after a news confrence I can use the button that was included with the application to create a post with a quote.:p