Anybody finding any Ice anywhere???

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Northwest Arkansas is supposed to get a little snow and ice tonight. They are calling for the Central Arkansas(little rock) area to get some snow on Saturday. Bad thing about that is it will likey thaw when it hits and being mixed with rain will turn to ice after dark. It isn't supposed to be that bad though. We usually only have one bad storm a year.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Didja look at the J? There were 4 Panther Sprinters here on Monday and Tuesday. I'm the one with the Airtabs. ;)

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop

bamamule

Seasoned Expediter
ran across mo one night then ka next they said it was ice but it wasn't slick for someone who keeps the cruse off and a steady foot on the peddle and off the breaks/ but there sure was a lot of 4 wheelers in the ditch

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
OVM, yep, still here. When I dropped off Monday morning the rest of the day was for sleeping, but I was #9 on the Hit Parade, anyway. I knew it would be a few days for me, so I just kind of sat back and enjoyed the warm weather, cause I know it's gonna end soon. I'm first out now, so probably tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be one of those Friday pickups for a long Monday delivery.

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Packmule, did you have any problems with ice where you were? Or was there a ready supply to keep your drink properly chilled?

Welcome Back!

Packmule

Expert Expediter
ICE, ICE , ICE EVERYWHERE!!! And lots of SLUSH!! Orange Slush, Red Slush, Green Slush!!
Seems a combination of Salt Air, and Alcohol will melt the Ice....or maybe it was the 86 degree temp. Thank goodness for Senior Frog's in every port.

Kinda good to be back,
Thanks Moot,

Danny

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Now a REAL expediter would jump at the chance to go from Ft Worth to ND in December. What's a little ice and snow.

Heck yeah !!! :D

I just took one from Charlotte, NC to Knowlton, QC (aka Lac Brom) about an hour east of Montreal this past Wednesday. It was my birthday - so it was a nice "present" from Dispatch.

It was pretty funny .... the following day I was heading up I-87 to the drop and got to Glen Falls, NY and figured I better fuel before I hit "Desolation Boulevard" between there and Plattsburgh. I stopped at some little gas station/truckstop, fueled, and was pulling out to hit the highway and passing the area in back where there was a straight and a semi parked. As I pulled past the straight on my left I glanced over at it and it was a Bolt Express (my carrier) ..... what are the odds of that ? :eek:

I dropped the load in Knowlton and within a couple of hours Dispatch had me a load going from Bedford, QC to Baltimore, MD picking up at 18:00. I had been listening to the weather radio on the way up to Knowlton and they were calling for 1 to 3 inches of snow starting after midnight, changing to freezing rain with up to 1/4 inch of ice accumulation possible for Vermont and the Champlain Valley - I wasn't real excited about running that stretch of I-87 at night considering the weather ....

But it turned out pretty good .... the routing the GPS suggested had me take US-11 across the top of New York over to Watertown and head down I-81 - away from where the freezing rain was expected. Sounded good so I ran with it. I stopped in Malone, NY to sleep and it snowed a couple of inches overnight but had mostly turned to slush when I got up.

This past week was my highest ever since I started expediting back in March of '07- over 2600 paid miles - and my deadhead (235 miles) was only 8.97% of paid miles .... needless to say I was pretty pleased.

Kudos to Bolt Dispatch for finding the loads and keeping me rolling. :D

BTW, Rich - can I expect a "Real Expediter, approved by RichM" sticker for the bumper ? :p

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I just heard on the news a storm is supposed to hitting Mass and dumping an inch of snow an hour up there. Glad I want be there to see it.