Any cargos in laredo?

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
I have a cargo van at 7am going to Mc Allen direct. 130 miles, $600! Need help. If your out there call me 586-746-1345!!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That's a good rate. I know drivers who have their own authority who get those kind of rates from partner carriers two or three times a week. I'd have run it for you if I was down there JD! Hey, how are you going to work out your cargo van endeavor? Are you going to allow people like me who have their own MC number and primary cargo insurance run for you as well as other people, or will your drivers have to be exclusive to just you?

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
That's a good rate. I know drivers who have their own authority who get those kind of rates from partner carriers two or three times a week. I'd have run it for you if I was down there JD! Hey, how are you going to work out your cargo van endeavor? Are you going to allow people like me who have their own MC number and primary cargo insurance run for you as well as other people, or will your drivers have to be exclusive to just you?

NO, I don't believe in anyone being exclusive to me. I will also give you a list of brokers to work with to ensure you stay busy. We support the independents. Screw being exclusive!!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cool JD. You have the right idea. Plus it is cheaper for you wo have a virtual fleet of cargo vans if they have their own primary insurance. It only costs me 176 dollars a month for 1 million general liability and 100k cargo. I can legally haul for as many companies and brokers that I deem necessary. This insurance is only 50 dollars more a month than I was paying for bobtail insurance and it only has a 100 dollar deductible for deer hits! I'm happy.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
Cool JD. You have the right idea. Plus it is cheaper for you wo have a virtual fleet of cargo vans if they have their own primary insurance. It only costs me 176 dollars a month for 1 million general liability and 100k cargo. I can legally haul for as many companies and brokers that I deem necessary. This insurance is only 50 dollars more a month than I was paying for bobtail insurance and it only has a 100 dollar deductible for deer hits! I'm happy.

What company is that? 100 bucks for a deer hit is awesome!

fired at you from my Droideka

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a cargo van at 7am going to Mc Allen direct. 130 miles, $600! Need help. If your out there call me 586-746-1345!!

This thread belongs in the classified section....
this is a forum and NOT a load board!...

If one is trying to impress us with the rate...it doesn't wash...coming from a guy who just hauls freight down the road of course...to a fellow who is not recruiting.
and I'll add the standard *IMO* :rolleyes:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh poo, the load is over, so why move it to another location? If you,(OVM), was down there when the request came in, you would've jumped on it in a second...I would too.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh poo, the load is over, so why move it to another location? If you,(OVM), was down there when the request came in, you would've jumped on it in a second...I would too.

because it is advertising and ads go to classifieds...

you'd have to pay E-1 their 15% cut...

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
because it is advertising and ads go to classifieds...

you'd have to pay E-1 their 15% cut...

15%.....nope

It was a hot load that needed to get covered. It would have been lost in the classifieds....I don't know about you, but I only go in there a few times a year.

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
This thread belongs in the classified section....
this is a forum and NOT a load board!...

If one is trying to impress us with the rate...it doesn't wash...coming from a guy who just hauls freight down the road of course...to a fellow who is not recruiting.
and I'll add the standard *IMO* :rolleyes:

What?? your getting really old now. One day I will show you what we charge our customers. I put it out there cause I was screwed and had to get it covered. Im not here to impress you or anyone for that fact. And $600 is cheap. You have to send a trk to Mc Allen, (130) and then your gonna stay in Mc Allen? No! So (130) back to Laredo, and the potential that you missed a load in the meantime. Your time isnt worth $600? Ok, then, I impress my o/o's daily.

$600. over 260 miles= $2.30 all miles, should you not make that for a minimum? Go haul your cheap freight, and I will haul mine. In the meantime load is gone so you can terminate this thread now. FYI, detroit to windsor, $795.00 for a cargo. Let's see your company get that for you!!~

Let me guess, you wouldnt haul it cause there was no FSC?

BTW, NLM shipment # 4628892 is our load number with NLM. Since I am a NLM customer you can see I brokered it to Matrix Expedite.

They where dumb enough to take it at $250. Is that the kind of company your leased on to? Someone willing to take it and leave you sit? Wonder what there fee was? Ask your dispatch to see what there tariff is on that lane?!?!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What company is that? 100 bucks for a deer hit is awesome!

fired at you from my Droideka
I got my insurance through Progressive vis commercial insurance solutions out of Akron Ohio. They get really good rates for cargo insurance for vans. You can find their link somewhere in the EO advertisements on the right side of the page when you are in them main forum page, or you can just look them up online and give them a shout.

Included for 178 a month is 100 dollar deductible for comprehensive collision, 1 million dollars general liability, 100 thousand cargo insurance, and 24/7 roadside assistance. You can't beat that! My friend has the same insurance and hit a deer last year and they fixed his van with all original parts. All he had to pay was 100 dollars and his van was done right. I had insurance from some rinky dink bobtail company and ended up having to fix my own van with used salvaged parts because they severely lowballed my claim. I'm glad I have progressive now.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
JD, don't worry none about, OVM. He's just recently figured out that you can earn really great rates in a cargo van if you partner up with the right company. He feels like he is on top of the world with his new carrier...I would too. But there are many other ways to get higher paying freight without leasing on with one single company. I have known for quite some time how to get higher rates and stuff. I am just slow to take all of the steps in order to secure some of that market.

Getting well over a dollar a mile in a cargo van is nothing new. People who are independent or who work for good companies like Landstar been doing that for years. A close friend of mine was getting over a dollar a mile just a few months after he began expediting, because he knew where to look for the loads. The Load 1 gang is just a little too slow in getting to the higher paying van rates table! lol. Sorry to bust your bubbles chaps, but higher rates have always been here!

I'm gonna post some of my rate confirmation sheets once I get the rest of my expedite company off the ground this year and y'all can tell me if I am charging good rates or not. I'm not trying to single people out here; but JD is right about higher rates. Higher rates been around for ages and will always be around if you know how to get them.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
What?? your getting really old now. One day I will show you what we charge our customers. I put it out there cause I was screwed and had to get it covered. Im not here to impress you or anyone for that fact. And $600 is cheap. You have to send a trk to Mc Allen, (130) and then your gonna stay in Mc Allen? No! So (130) back to Laredo, and the potential that you missed a load in the meantime. Your time isnt worth $600? Ok, then, I impress my o/o's daily.

$600. over 260 miles= $2.30 all miles, should you not make that for a minimum? Go haul your cheap freight, and I will haul mine. In the meantime load is gone so you can terminate this thread now. FYI, detroit to windsor, $795.00 for a cargo. Let's see your company get that for you!!~

Let me guess, you wouldnt haul it cause there was no FSC?

BTW, NLM shipment # 4628892 is our load number with NLM. Since I am a NLM customer you can see I brokered it to Matrix Expedite.

They where dumb enough to take it at $250. Is that the kind of company your leased on to? Someone willing to take it and leave you sit? Wonder what there fee was? Ask your dispatch to see what there tariff is on that lane?!?!

JD......to some of us reading YOU are preaching to the singing group. Your targets don't get it, many won't ever get it, and all most all.....don't wanna get it. The IT is simply too much, check that......Waayyyy too much work. Most of the ones I've observed that get it and have the kahoona's to go for IT, see the big buks comming in and lay down shortly, and attempt to live the good life waaaayyy too soon. Steada standing up to the plate and hitting the ball for a much longer while, and selling out to take a looong break in comfort.

Such is life tho!! I feel your frustrations with it in general. However, You may consider you are getting close to showing us your azz when putting it on the board, THEN paying 30% of revenue, and announcing how stewpid others are. Ain't natural!! But, there are many reasons someone would take a $250 load 25 miles going home.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You are correct in some ways Blizzard...I am like you, learning more and more every day...about rates and the inner workings of a carrier that with other carriers I wouldn't even get a sniff at because they keep ya in the dark ! *LOL*

where as Mr JD here and Mr. JE are shedding more light...

see I can be nice too...JD...;)

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yeah. I used to walk into the offices at Arrow Freight Systems and the dispatchers used to hide what they were doing on the computer. Now i've figured a lot of it out. I could have started my own company 2 years ago, i've just been afraid to go all in as the Colonel would say.

You are also just surprised at how much Express 1 was keeping off the percentages by paying you "and me when i worked for them" the flat rates per mile. They were making a killing off of us and we were doing all the work. That's why I can't justify working for just one single carrier. You gotta get out there and get ir done for yourself.