Any 2004 05 Cargo Vans for Sale(I can put cash down an make payment until paid)

aunited72

Rookie Expediter
Hello I need 2004 05 06 Cargo Van that I can put 800- 1000 down on 20th December may be sooner but also so be able to make payments until paid.,......well I don't want the van to be more than 3500. Van must run good.......I'm not looking for van that's been beat up. If interested contact me any I'll give you my number so we can discuss things. Thanks

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I know a guy that has a very nice van,set up for expediting, that has a miss. Are you mechanical ?
Are you looking for owner financing ?
There is a classified section on EO. By the time the value gets to your price range, it probably very close, or past, it's useful life.
Good luck.

aunited72

Rookie Expediter
No not mechanical . what's miss. Well in looking for a van that somebody would allow me to put 800-1000 down an allow me to make payments......04 05

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Hello I need 2004 05 06 Cargo Van that I can put 800- 1000 down on 20th December may be sooner but also so be able to make payments until paid.,......well I don't want the van to be more than 3500. Van must run good.......I'm not looking for van that's been beat up. If interested contact me any I'll give you my number so we can discuss things. Thanks

I know a guy with an Extended '06 that has an elusive higher RPM (2200-2300) misfire. All systems scanned by two shops.
Not a fuel issue.
Not a fire issue.
Dealer says it's probably just the 403,000 miles on it.
Only about 15.5-16.0 MPG at best with the misfire.
Burns NO oil.
Brand new alternator.
Brand new pinion bearings.
Has a fold down bunk built in.
Other than that, nothing super-special.
The guy's made about $143,000 with the van in the last 15 months. But that's NOT typical. NOT typical. NOT. He's been FURTUNATE.

It's a 2006 Extended Express with a 4.8L V8 and a 4 speed overdrive 4L80E trans. Base model. No insulation.
Not like brand new but not a beater.
He will want to know how much cash you can muster up, as I'm sure he will not finance it. But research that year model and PM me an email address for you. I'll get you some pictures.
But be sure to check it out on Kelly Blue Book.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Oh, forgot.
Fan-tastic fan installed.
Remote start installed.
Battery 1 year old.
Tranny & rear diff serviced about 2 months ago.
New F&R brakes in past 6 months.
Windshield cracked.
Side vent visors installed.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know a guy with an Extended '06 that has an elusive higher RPM (2200-2300) misfire. All systems scanned by two shops.
Not a fuel issue.
Not a fire issue.
Dealer says it's probably just the 403,000 miles on it.
Only about 15.5-16.0 MPG at best with the misfire.
Burns NO oil.
Brand new alternator.
Brand new pinion bearings.
Has a fold down bunk built in.
Other than that, nothing super-special.
The guy's made about $143,000 with the van in the last 15 months. But that's NOT typical. NOT typical. NOT. He's been FURTUNATE.

It's a 2006 Extended Express with a 4.8L V8 and a 4 speed overdrive 4L80E trans. Base model. No insulation.
Not like brand new but not a beater.
He will want to know how much cash you can muster up, as I'm sure he will not finance it. But research that year model and PM me an email address for you. I'll get you some pictures.
But be sure to check it out on Kelly Blue Book.

Oh, forgot.
Fan-tastic fan installed.
Remote start installed.
Battery 1 year old.
Tranny & rear diff serviced about 2 months ago.
New F&R brakes in past 6 months.
Windshield cracked.
Side vent visors installed.

Dang! Making me interested!

Nah>

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No offense but maybe a reality check. With those financial stipulations what sort of working capital would there be? How much do you know about the expediting industry? Are you ready for living in a slightly oversized sardine can? What happens when the franistan breaks midway through the second paying load? What happens the 3 (or maybe 4) weeks until the first paycheck shows up in the bank account? Again, no offense, but it sounds like a shoestring might be thicker than your starting budget. Murphy watches for and thrives on such situations. Good luck.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter

If you get approved with Panther, I could work with you. This is an 04 with 300, 000 miles, brand new Tranforce AT tires. Runs good.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1385778981335.jpg
    1385778981335.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
If you get approved with Panther, I could work with you. This is an 04 with 300, 000 miles, brand new Tranforce AT tires. Runs good.

Attachments

• 1385779339475.jpg
    1385779339475.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 82

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter

Let me ask you something. Now what happens when that van you are essentially lease purchasing has a breakdown. Im not even talking about a major breakdown like an engine, trans, or rear end. Im talking about suddently needing a new front end, or needing tires or brakes.

A van in the $3500 price range is going to have roughly 350K miles and up, and need some work. If you only have $800-$1000 to put down, how are you going to pay for the repairs while the van is under your control. Surely you wouldn't expect the person you are doing the LP off of to pay for the repairs, afterall you are the new owner.

The other thing to remember is that after you start at a company it will take 2-3 weeks to get your first settlement. In the mean time do you have the money set aside for operating costs, like fuel, food, a quart of oil.

Im not telling you this to be a Debbie Downer, I'm just telling you the truth. This industry will chew you up and spit you out quickly if you arent prepared with funds. I have seen people that entered this business with alot more capital than you and completely failed. Thats not to say that you will fail, you just have a greater chance with what you are starting off with, low capital and no knowledge of the expediting industry.

My suggestion to learn the business is to run for an owner even in a van. Learn the ropes, save up money, then buy a $7500 van and still have operating money set aside.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
My suggestion to learn the business is to run for an owner even in a van. Learn the ropes, save up money, then buy a $7500 van and still have operating money set aside.

This is the only smart approach aunited72. Everything else said here is correct and likely will happen at one time or another. I suspect you've bought a story from someone who painted a very rosy picture. Don't believe it...

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

For the price you are looking to put down. I'll sell you my 1997 Dodge B2500 Ram Cargo Van with 208,000 miles for $1000.00. Hook up with a local courier get some experience then use the van for trade bait to get a newer one! I'll even throw in my folding bench seat sofa sleeper from an old conversion van I used as my bed! It's a win/win. You get a van in your price range. Low miles. I used it for expediting and the van is insulated too! Let me know. I'm located in south suburbs of Chicago off I-80.

aunited72

Rookie Expediter
I currently work for panther been their 2 years.. . .. Im currently looking for something local so I can be closer to my daughter in ky Ohio area most of the jobs local require 2003 04.

aunited72

Rookie Expediter
Is their anyway you could send me pictures. The problem that I'm running into is finding a local gig that will take a older van under 2001. Here's my number 513 274 7254

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Got your number. I'll send more pics, but here is one for now! I've been with multiple carriers (4-5) all knew my age of van and felt as long as it runs good, sounds good and passed its inspections had no issue with its age!