An apology to the EO community.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As most of you know me and Preacher Rich have recently had a falling out due to our vastly different styles of management. I came onto EO and posted a thread when I was angry and unsure of his intentions. I just wanted to let everyone know that my post was inappropriate. I also wanted to let everyone know that all of our drivers have been paid and me and Rich have decided to go our separate ways. Rich will remain the owner and CEO of On Call Logistics and I will be moving forward with my fleet business. I will also be focusig more on my medical condition. I have neglected so manay doctors appointments, I have been taking my meds late due to my previous 12 hour a day work load, and not seeking the assistance of a physical therapist to assist me in regaining the full use of my right leg.

One of the major reasons why I've been so edgy lately is because of the Blood Thinners and the pain medications I've been taking. I absolutely despise drugs - but the reality of the matter is if I do not take at least 2-3 pain pills a day I am in agony. That has really transformed my temperament and I am not really the same person I was 14 months ago before I got hurt. In light of these facts I have decided not to sell my van and I recently put another driver in it and I will let other companies load it up while I focus on my long term recovery. Richard has my full blessing as the new owner of On Call Logistics; and as I stated above, all of our drivers have been paid, and he is doing a good job as the new CEO of the company.

Both me and Richard have agreed to make amends and to undo the damage that we have caused one another. As a consequence of this I will no longer be using EO as a place to air my dirty laundry. For all of the mods, drivers, and casual readers, I do apologize for the lack of sound judgement and discretion that I exercised when I posted the thread "On Call Logistics is out of business!" Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Good luck with your fleet business and moving forward.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Monty

Expert Expediter
Thanks for "manning up" .. hopefully this will end the dirty laundry, and we can get on to the Fabreeze stage, as the air freshens up! ;)

Saddened to hear of your health issues, but stress can aggravate them, maybe this is a good thing ... for your health that is.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks for "manning up" .. hopefully this will end the dirty laundry, and we can get on to the Fabreeze stage, as the air freshens up! ;)

Saddened to hear of your health issues, but stress can aggravate them, maybe this is a good thing ... for your health that is.

When I started the company I was in good health and pulling 16-18 hour days. Three months into the companies existence I fell off my truck and seriously injured myself. Imagine someone in pain working 12 hour days and 5 hours a day on Saturday and Sunday for almost a year. I rarely ever had a full weekend off because there was so much going on with the company and I had to put off medical care because I was working so much. Now with the fleet of 2 vans I can generate a comporable income and I only work 5-8 hours a week in total. It allows me more time to focus on getting better.

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
Just so everyone knows, the reason that I partnered with "Blizzard" to begin with, is that he is absolutely brilliant. We have worked together for over a year and On Call was one of the first carriers I signed on with. He always paid me faster than anyone else while I was on the road and put an amazing amount of time, care and effort into this company.

You're in my prayers brother, for a full recovery and much success in the future.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I commend Blizzard for stepping up to the plate to resolve a issue that was headed south.
Nice to see the outcome and wish more ended in this fashion.

briggie1

Seasoned Expediter
Blizzard good luck and get well. I have been trying to get ahold of you but your mail box is full. Can you contact me

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Blizzard,

Thanks for the follow up. It takes a bigger man to take the humble road and admit his mistakes. We wish the best to you and Rich. Merry Christmas!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have just one. ? Did you sell your business. ( on call ). to Rich. or in the short form Rich took it over from you. ...Just a little clarity. would be nice. ...:rolleyes:

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have just one. ? Did you sell your business. ( on call ). to Rich. or in the short form Rich took it over from you. ...Just a little clarity. would be nice. ...:rolleyes:

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

I sold my remaining stake in the company to Richard for what I felt was a fair price. Now he is 100 percent owner of On Call and I am working on building up another company from scratch. But my new company will never make its way onto this forum. I hope that clarifies things for you.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It all works out in the end. I am going to begin a massive recruiting blitz in 6 monts from now when my full service transportation company has aged itself to the 6 month mark, and I have a real nice website set up and some good working capital. I'm going to go back to 3 day pay just like On-Dekk Transportation. There is something about doing things better than everyone else that really makes a company stand out from the competition.

Please give Rich a chance! He also has a great business mind and he will take On Call farther than it has ever been taken before. We simply have verry different styles of management, which is what it all boiled down to. We also learned that we are both type A personalities and need to maintain strict control of the company; which in all honesty can't be done if there are two hands on owners. It was a lesson learned by both of us and the whole ordeal has made us better people. With that being said I'm done posting in this thread and I wish On Call all of the success in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Blizzard I never saw the post you're apologizing about but it takes a stand up to admit they've made a mistake! :)

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks for the great post, it shows plenty of character. Sure hope you can get your health issues straightened out quickly. Good luck on the new venture.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Good Luck to you moving forward and may the Good Lord ease that pain and have a healing hand laid upon you, I hope you get some rest and get well soon, my best wishes...