Americans CAN do it!!

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
Im not one to climb on the political soap box as they call it, but watching children open their gifts and having the privelige of being designated to be the "clean up" guy for the wrappers I noticed a whole lot of "Made in other countries". As part of the expediting community I have tailored our company to go international to save our jobs. Although Im not happy about it cause my own family has lost jobs to other countries its a necessary evil.

Im also not one to follow current events due to just not enough hours in the day, I need about 35hrs a day to do everything I need.

But over the last few years I have watched the citizens of this great country come together and start a revolution!!

Breast Cancer Awareness!! Congratulations from the "mom and pop"stores to the NFL,NHL, major corporation in retail to fast food chains to the kindergartners in school. This support has spread faster than wildfire. Everyday there are marathons,walks, grassroot efforts,fundraisers, major investors,etc.

I think that is absolutely amazing!!

If we can do it for breast cancer, We can all come together and save American trade and jobs, and homes, and I guess what Im saying is I dont see a campaign of that size saving something just as important, Our Country!! Why not? What about the children of tomorrow? Not as Important? Who's gonna save the next generation of breast cancer survivors? Children in China? I dont think they care, last i checked they where too busy filling our childrens products with lead based material and shipping it back to us!?

Just my opinion, woke up on the wrong side of the bed I guess:confused:

John D. Clark Jr.
CEO
J.D.Clark Logistics,Inc.:D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes We Can, and no, maybe not. I don't want to rain on the pink parade, but... "Who's gonna save the next generation of breast cancer survivors?" It certainly won't be the prostate cancer survivors.

Millions of cars’ bumpers sport pink ribbon decals, symbolizing breast cancer awareness. Numerous national organizations such as the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation work tirelessly to ensure that breast cancer is at the forefront of medical research, and fund raisers such as their annual Race for the Cure, as well as countless other benefits on state and local levels, collect millions more in research dollars.

Since 1985, October has officially been Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Anybody know when Prostate Cancer Awareness Month is? On August 31, 2010, Obama proclaimed September 2010 to be the very first Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. The Senate did the same thing, same day. You may have missed the memo on that it. Didn't make many headlines.

Commercials, pink products hawked by "cause marketing," public service announcements, news segments and magazine articles address the issue of breast cancer, but rarely touch upon health issues affecting men.

People see the breast cancer campaign and think it's great, and it is, but only very recently have a few men begun to wonder why so much attention is paid to breast cancer research and awareness, but relatively little by comparison to prostate cancer.

Over 40,000 American women will die annually from breast cancer, and one in eight will contract the diesease during her lifetime. Breast cancer is the third leading cause of death among women, behind heart disease and lung cancer.

By the same token, More than 32,000 American men die annually from prostate cancer, and one in six men contract the disease (one in four for black men). Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of death among men, behind heart disease.

But the time, effort and money spent on fighting breast cancer versus fighting prostate cancer is anything but proportional. In 2005, the United States government spent $699 million for breast cancer research, compared to $390 million for prostate cancer, nearly twice as much on breast cancer as prostate cancer. Other non-governmental research dollars are similarly divided, or are even more heavily weighted towards breast cancer.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Men, women, boys and girls, everyone likes breasts. What's not to like? It should come as no surprise that a campaign for a cure for breast cancer is more popular than one to find a cure for prostate cancer or pancreatic cancer, even though the 5 year survival rate for people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer is 4.6%.

Given the choice between; American jobs, American breasts, American prostates or American pancreases, the majority of Americans will choose to save the American breast. It's all in the presentation and marketing!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Given the choice between; American jobs, American breasts, American prostates or American pancreases, the majority of Americans will choose to save the American breast. It's all in the presentation and marketing!

hooters.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"But the time, effort and money spent on fighting breast cancer versus fighting prostate cancer is anything but proportional. In 2005, the United States government spent $699 million for breast cancer research, compared to $390 million for prostate cancer, nearly twice as much on breast cancer as prostate cancer. Other non-governmental research dollars are similarly divided, or are even more heavily weighted towards breast cancer."

Let us not forget that men can get breast cancer as well. While rare, it does happen and is often fatal since it is not looked for as much as it is in women. Women don't get prostate cancer.

Research dollars should be spent on cancer treatment, not individual cancers. We are missing chances of one treatment not working for breast that just might work on another.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"But the time, effort and money spent on fighting breast cancer versus fighting prostate cancer is anything but proportional. In 2005, the United States government spent $699 million for breast cancer research, compared to $390 million for prostate cancer, nearly twice as much on breast cancer as prostate cancer. Other non-governmental research dollars are similarly divided, or are even more heavily weighted towards breast cancer."

Let us not forget that men can get breast cancer as well. While rare, it does happen and is often fatal since it is not looked for as much as it is in women. Women don't get prostate cancer.

Research dollars should be spent on cancer treatment, not individual cancers. We are missing chances of one treatment not working for breast that just might work on another.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ragman's post showing the Hooter's logo supports my theory that not only do most Americans like breasts, they also like owls. And they even like breasts disguised as owls with those cute, large areola eyes.

Would you buy a beer and a burger from a scantily clad waitress with this emblazoned on her cropped T-shirt?

Attachments

• malereprourin2.jpg
    malereprourin2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 10

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ragman's post showing the Hooter's logo supports my theory that not only do most Americans like breasts, they also like owls. And they even like breasts disguised as owls with those cute, large areola eyes.

Sorry, I know this is a serious issue, but I couldn't help myself.
Just had to do it. ;)