Alumi Bunk

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Just wanted to post a note for all to see. I have had my trucks pull in without notice at Detroit office of Alumi Bunk three or four times and I have always got very quick service. Yesterday was no different. One of my trucks had a load that dropped at 5:00a.m. near Detroit. He unloaded then went over and set in AB's lot and got a couple winks. They then pulled him installed "OUR NEW HEATED MIRRORS" not theirs, fixed the sleeper heat and had him on his way to pick up his next load. We never missed a beat. This was also done at a great price and I just wanted to share this. They have always been great. Last week I could not get any shop in Cincinnati, with a days notice, to adjust valves and AB just pulled us right in. I think there are a number of shops that could learn the definition of service from this note. Thanks to all at Alumi Bunk. Great job!

The Owner with an identity crisis.

FlameMerc

Expert Expediter
Yes I do agree about Alumi Bunk. I leased a van and later traded up to a Straight Truck from them. They were very good people to work with. I have stopped in a few times without having to make an appointment, and had no problem getting my work done without having to wait all day or night. I would recommend them any time..Drive Safely....Butch

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I have had good service while there also,For less than it cost me at Stoops for normal service ( oil, lube, filter ) They took the time to grease the lift gate. I think they did a better job than the guys at the Dayton Stoops, They found a few things, Very minor and took care of them at no charge.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
i have to agree with what eveyone else says about AB in detroit. i also do not have any problem getting someone to work on our truck in a timely fashion.what i do have a problem with is that their repairs do not stand up to the test of time. when i pull my truck out of their bay more often than not all of the problems that i had are rectified to my satisfaction. by the time a day or two has gone by the same problems are back, and sometimes a few more are added that are a direct cause of the attempted repairs.case in point the last time i was there to get the a/c repaired(at least 10 times to detroit and dundalk for this problem in 14 months of ownership and it still is not working)they removed the plastic lip where the wipers sit when they are parked,in reinstalling this part they pinched the line for the windshield washer fluid causing them to not work. this problem had to be fixed by an international dealer at my expense. i have several stories just like this one about the times i have had work done by them,they are willing and eager just not competant in my book.one other thing, at other places of repair they proudly display the mechanics certificates of training on the walls. i have yet to see that at AB. DD. :( :(

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Yes my air sucks also, Waiting to get up that way for another attempt, will see how that goes.