AllTypes, O'Hare Logstics, Expediters Union, MidwestExpediting, StartExpediting et al

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
l am looking to lease on with one of these companies. Just kidding, whose BP rose after seeing that? l do have a couple of questions and comments regarding these folks. The first negative post on this forum was back n 2004 and there are negative posts through 2012. So my first question is how are they still in business? Or have they cleaned up their act over the last couple of years? l have also noticed that they are big advocates of the multi carrier leasing option. So are there other carriers that support multi carrier lessee's? Or does this group just try to get unsuspecting Newbs to sign up with more than 1 of their companies? Effectively getting you on a load as cheap as possible. l also noticed they pay 40 or 50% on POD. This amount seems suspiciously like just enough money to keep you in fuel and food, and stuck on the hook.
l did speak with one of their recruiters about a month ago. Man what a salesman, had me convinced that multi-carrier was the way to go and they had figured out the van expediter magic bullet. One final comment, after reading ALL of the posts regarding these companies, l noticed DaveKC must have been cutting and pasting his response since after the initial couple of threads, Dave's answers were identical. Almost like Dave had a "Alltypes macro". Any thoughts.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Re: AllTypes, O'Hare Logstics, Expediters Union, MidwestExpediting, StartExpediting e

l am looking to lease on with one of these companies. Just kidding, whose BP rose after seeing that? l do have a couple of questions and comments regarding these folks. The first negative post on this forum was back n 2004 and there are negative posts through 2012. So my first question is how are they still in business? Or have they cleaned up their act over the last couple of years? l have also noticed that they are big advocates of the multi carrier leasing option. So are there other carriers that support multi carrier lessee's? Or does this group just try to get unsuspecting Newbs to sign up with more than 1 of their companies? Effectively getting you on a load as cheap as possible. l also noticed they pay 40 or 50% on POD. This amount seems suspiciously like just enough money to keep you in fuel and food, and stuck on the hook.
l did speak with one of their recruiters about a month ago. Man what a salesman, had me convinced that multi-carrier was the way to go and they had figured out the van expediter magic bullet. One final comment, after reading ALL of the posts regarding these companies, l noticed DaveKC must have been cutting and pasting his response since after the initial couple of threads, Dave's answers were identical. Almost like Dave had a "Alltypes macro". Any thoughts.

My response was the same as nothing different had been reported. I think you answered most of your own questions. As with looking at any carrier, I would review them all in the same fashion. If a carrier is promoting the "multi" program, they are already telling you they can't support your vehicle full time. As with any multi program, insurance is usually one of the bigger problems. Either premiums are too high to insure properly, or you lack the proper coverage and that leaves you with likely more exposure than you want.
I would really do some research prior to any commitment regardless of the carrier.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Re: AllTypes, O'Hare Logstics, Expediters Union, MidwestExpediting, StartExpediting e

Agreed. The "magic bullet" multi carrier saw a quick rise and steady fall since then. The reasons are many but none seem to be good for the owner operator. Plenty of threads on here on this topic and the topic of these type of structured carriers.

txstar

Seasoned Expediter
Panther is another promises promises owner op cargo van team miles horrible stay clear of these too

txstar

Seasoned Expediter
Just read bs on all types sounded funny forty percent after delivery of load hmm what's wrong wth this picture