All Things Expedited... Anyone have any experience with this company?

WolfmansDaughter

Active Expediter
Researching
My Daddy has been shifting gears as long as I can remember. Car Hauling, tanker, you name it. He is now in his 60's and retired yet still drives as much as retirement laws allow.
We are looking into buying a Sprinter Van and my husband and I driving it with him being the owner.
We plan on going to the Expo in July :)
I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with All Things Expedited?

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
What state are they located in and do you have a DOT # for them ? They dont come up on a google search !!

WolfmansDaughter

Active Expediter
Researching
Yes... It is All Types Expediting... I know there are rules and such on this forum which is great.. So without violating any of those rules can you explain why I should run away fast? Maybe PM me?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
All Types Expediting, O'Hare Logistics, Midwest Expediting, Start Expediting, Chase Expediting, you almost have to look at your watch to see what name they're using. If you go to The DOT's SAFER Web and look them up, then view the PDF file of their insurance and authority history, you can't help but giggle. They're a determined bunch, I'll give them that. Frankly though, I'm surprised that everyone connected with the company isn't doing serious time in prison for fraud.

Basically, they'll get you to run a few loads for them, delay paying you for one reason or another, and will eventually pay you very little or nothing until you quit.

Reactions: Lawrence

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All Types Expediting, O'Hare Logistics, Midwest Expediting, Start Expediting, Chase Expediting, you almost have to look at your watch to see what name they're using. If you go to The DOT's SAFER Web and look them up, then view the PDF file of their insurance and authority history, you can't help but giggle. They're a determined bunch, I'll give them that. Frankly though, I'm surprised that everyone connected with the company isn't doing serious time in prison for fraud.

Basically, they'll get you to run a few loads for them, delay paying you for one reason or another, and will eventually pay you very little or nothing until you quit.
Or shot. Which I can't believe has not happened as of yet.

Last edited:

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Having spoken with Stuart at length, I have to say, he is a very good salesman. He seems sincere and knowledgeable. He makes the multi-carrier model seem like a great business model.Too bad it is all BS. IMHO.

RoadSaint

Expert Expediter
He makes the multi-carrier model seem like a great business model.Too bad it is all BS. IMHO.

The multi-carrier model isn't nearly as bad as you may have been led to believe. The primary distributors of the idea "multi-carriers hurt the business" are the exclusive carriers. By making you think multi-carrier is evil, it makes it easier for them to maintain their exclusivity with their drivers. You should always ask yourself this one question when you hear ANYTHING in this business: "Who benefits by this being the perception?" If it's the large/exclusive carriers, you have to AT LEAST consider the possibility that said perception has been circulated by the larger companies for their benefit. (For instance, while they are really awesome about not censoring people's opinions on here, this web site is owned and operated by exclusive carrier/s.)

The reality is, most multi-carriers aren't bidding against each other for the same truck because they use a completely different model of dispatching. Their primary competition are the exclusive carriers. They don't bid, then dispatch it to an available truck if they get it. They ask a truck if they would want it first, and if the truck says yes, they bid afterwards. I have never once had multiple carriers call me to ask if I'd be interested in the same load. And if they did, I'd just tell the 2nd carrier to call that I wasn't interested so that they wouldn't bid on it(IF it mattered. If both carriers paid a static rate, then you can tell them both yes, and take it from whoever gets it. Since you make the same rate regardless, it doesn't matter if one outbids the other. This is normally the case, in my experience. I've never worked with a multi-carrier that paid percentage instead of flat rate.)

Having worked in both the multi-carrier model and exclusive, there are less fees in the multi-carrier model from my experience, and you can stay working just as much, and quite possibly more in the multi-carrier model.

That said, I know nothing about this company, and it may absolutely be super shady. If interested in the multi-carrier model, I know of at least 2 good ones that I've never had any problems getting paid with, paid every week.

Last edited:

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The multi-carrier model isn't nearly as bad as you may have been led to believe. The primary distributors of the idea "multi-carriers hurt the business" are the exclusive carriers. By making you think multi-carrier is evil, it makes it easier for them to maintain their exclusivity with their drivers. You should always ask yourself this one question when you hear ANYTHING in this business: "Who benefits by this being the perception?" If it's the large/exclusive carriers, you have to AT LEAST consider the possibility that said perception has been circulated by the larger companies for their benefit. (For instance, while they are really awesome about not censoring people's opinions on here, this web site is owned and operated by exclusive carrier/s.)

The reality is, most multi-carriers aren't bidding against each other for the same truck because they use a completely different model of dispatching. Their primary competition are the exclusive carriers. They don't bid, then dispatch it to an available truck if they get it. They ask a truck if they would want it first, and if the truck says yes, they bid afterwards. I have never once had multiple carriers call me to ask if I'd be interested in the same load. And if they did, I'd just tell the 2nd carrier to call that I wasn't interested so that they wouldn't bid on it(IF it mattered. If both carriers paid a static rate, then you can tell them both yes, and take it from whoever gets it. Since you make the same rate regardless, it doesn't matter if one outbids the other. This is normally the case, in my experience. I've never worked with a multi-carrier that paid percentage instead of flat rate.)

Having worked in both the multi-carrier model and exclusive, there are less fees in the multi-carrier model from my experience, and you can stay working just as much, and quite possibly more in the multi-carrier model.

That said, I know nothing about this company, and it may absolutely be super shady. If interested in the multi-carrier model, I know of at least 2 good ones that I've never had any problems getting paid with, paid every week.
And what kind of dispatching do they do? Usually you get called for a load offer and asked if you want them to bid that load. Nothing different here. Apples to apples.
The only thing different here is inflated capacity when you are working with multi carrier because each company has you listed for that particular area.
Also to stay on topic, if you were here about 10 years ago, All Types was the talk of this forum as many had been taken by them.

RoadSaint

Expert Expediter
Sure, which is why I specifically said I know nothing about that particular company, and that it sounds like they're super shady. But that doesn't condemn the entire multi-carrier business model. And the inflated capacity doesn't effect anything when those companies aren't reporting their capacity to outside companies.

But let's not kid ourselves. With a 2 minute search, I could probably find 5 instances of agents/owners of exclusive carriers saying that multi-carrier is bad because you're "bidding against yourself" on this site.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure, which is why I specifically said I know nothing about that particular company, and that it sounds like they're super shady. But that doesn't condemn the entire multi-carrier business model. And the inflated capacity doesn't effect anything when those companies aren't reporting their capacity to outside companies.

But let's not kid ourselves. With a 2 minute search, I could probably find 5 instances of agents/owners of exclusive carriers saying that multi-carrier is bad because you're "bidding against yourself" on this site.
And how would you NOT be bidding against yourself?

Reactions: jelliott

RoadSaint

Expert Expediter
And how would you NOT be bidding against yourself?

I just explained this 2 posts ago. It's because they don't place a bid unless you tell them you want the load FIRST. So if a second carrier called you on the same bid, you'd just say no. Or, if both carriers pay a flat rate, you can tell them both yes and it won't effect what you earn anyhow, because it's always X cents per mile. Multi-carriers don't bid first, then dispatch like some of the larger carriers do.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just explained this 2 posts ago. It's because they don't place a bid unless you tell them you want the load FIRST. So if a second carrier called you on the same bid, you'd just say no. Or, if both carriers pay a flat rate, you can tell them both yes and it won't effect what you earn anyhow, because it's always X cents per mile. Multi-carriers don't bid first, then dispatch like some of the larger carriers do.
Right but! If your being paid by the mile, that's fine, but the carrier loses a little of the pie, to much lose and they won't even throw in a bid, shipper sees 2 units where you're at, but your the only one there and says if unit 1 passes then unit 2 will take it for less, there for you lose a load because You over inflated the market with your unit being posted mutable times.

Reactions: jelliott

RoadSaint

Expert Expediter
Right but! If your being paid by the mile, that's fine, but the carrier loses a little of the pie, to much lose and they won't even throw in a bid, shipper sees 2 units where you're at, but your the only one there and says if unit 1 passes then unit 2 will take it for less, there for you lose a load because You over inflated the market with your unit being posted mutable times.

But that's the point. Shipper doesn't see 2 units where I'm at because they're not reporting their capacity to the shipper. And the second carrier isn't even putting a bid on it without your sayso, so that entire scenario is a work of fiction. It's a story made up by exclusive carriers that sounds legit on the surface, but doesn't hold up to even the most minor of scrutiny.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
But that's the point. Shipper doesn't see 2 units where I'm at because they're not reporting their capacity to the shipper. And the second carrier isn't even putting a bid on it without your sayso, so that entire scenario is a work of fiction. It's a story made up by exclusive carriers that sounds legit on the surface, but doesn't hold up to even the most minor of scrutiny.
Guess we will just have to disagree, unless your carriers have direct customers wherever your at, your unit is posted somewhere.