ALL STATE Express worst company ever

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Expediting--- emergency freight delivery--- hmmmm, there should be an indicator in the names.

We work on a fireman's schedule. Wait until the bell rings, then go like crazy. A fireman may wait days until the bell rings. Read other posts around here and you find it's not at all uncommon to wait two or three days even in a "hot" area for the next call. Some places are so dead that the only thing to do, once you've delivered your freight, is get out and move to a place that's got better hope of getting something.

I work "hot shot", so I come home at the end of the run anyway. Now, you'd think Chicago would be fairly warm, at least, and you'd be right. Still, a three-day sit happens and at the end of it nobody's guaranteeing the run you're offered is worth a hoot. I've had checks of a couple hundred dollars. I've had checks approaching two grand. What any given week is going to turn up-- your guess is as good as mine.

Redlight

Active Expediter
I do this busniss from 3 years so I know the facts but when a company is bad then u can be in the most hot spot and still u see how everybody they got a load and u got nothing so... My conclusion is if they don't do ther profit the right amount they don't take the load ... One dollar and samethig for them and one for u so....Tnx for everthing!
And the most bad thick is drivers new what the say yes to cheap freight and they screw the market going for $0.60/0.70 per mile ...
If every driver say NO to cheap freight Maibe this bussniss is come come back how was 3-5 years ago when everybody was happy

Last edited:

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
I do this busniss from 3 years so I know the facts but when a company is bad then u can be in the most hot spot and still u see how everybody they got a load and u got nothing so... My conclusion is if they don't do ther profit the right amount they don't take the load ... One dollar and samethig for them and one for u so....Tnx for everthing!
And the most bad thick is drivers new what the say yes to cheap freight and they screw the market going for $0.60/0.70 per mile ...
If every driver say NO to cheap freight Maibe this bussniss is come come back how was 3-5 years ago when everybody was happy

Not taking cheep freight ,you right.But how do you know why other drivers leave the bad spot? They may relocating. If I take a load in Miami ,Denver, Louisiana I 'm not waiting 5 days to have a load. I have a friend who drive for All State and he is happy. I think you don't know what do you want from this business. One more time you dont see the big picture ,you have no clue what happening in a dispatch department.Let me asking something. How do you see this expediting business? What are your expectations?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Do you seriously think they are making over a dollar a mile for themselves on van loads?

What is cheap freight?

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member

3 years you've been in this business? And you know the facts? I've been doing this since 1989,and I still am learning something new everyday. Things change so much, so quickly.

guido4475

Not a Member
I don't think All-State is a bad company, really.It's just they way they feel comfortable doing business, compared to others. Each company has their own style and beliefs on how to run a company.Some owner-operators are comfortable with one, while others may not be.I did make money while there.I just had to work harder at it.But they were kind and professional about it.I just didn't agree with a few things in the end, and moved on.

As far as sitting for 2-3 days in between loads, well, welcome to expediting in a van.The real culprit here is not the company,All-State, but the company who slashes the rates to the point where everyone else cannot bid on that load, competively,,and turn a profit, both for themselves and the owner-operator.And, until something gets done about that, and drivers quit taking those low rate loads, it will get worse.

Chevy has always in the past had their frame rails closer together than a Ford.Closer frame rails meant the gas tank on the side was outside of the frame rail.A Ford had the room to put their side mounted gas tank on the inside of the frame rail.Both trucks served the same purpose, but built in a different way.

Last edited:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Chevy has always in the past had their frame rails closer together than a Ford.Closer frame rails meant the gas tank on the side was outside of the frame rail.A Ford had the room to put their side mounted gas tank on the inside of the frame rail.Both trucks served the same purpose, but built in a different way.

Dude... That's HEAVY!!! I had no idea you were that deep! I need to process that for a while...

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

Three years in the biz, eh? And we read how long ya sit. Could be.......yer Company is sending you a message? Spose? ALL good things come to an end, when it do not work anymore.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Far out, man!...lol...Just an example of how two different things can be structured so different, but yet serve the same purpose.

Sounds like your talking about women. :)

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums