Al (lets count them again) Gore

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Gary you always attack the character
>of people that disagree with
>you. Can you tell me
>why you make everything personal?

Did you miss a lot of the posting to the other poli threads? Hammer attacked me personally, Beaker has attacked me personally, if memory serves, you attacked me in a posting--hell, even George Bush or somebody from his campaign staff, attacked me personally. When I am attacked personally, I counterattack.

>I have read allot of your
>comments but I can not
>recall you telling us why
>you Believe VP.Gore would make
>a better President. What has
>he done in his political
>or business life to warrant
>being President.

Ace, you have asked, but will you listen? Alright, let's leay it out anyway.

Gore served in Vietnam; Bush was AWOL for more than a year from the National Guard (and charges were brought, then dropped).

Gore was raised by a family that, although they themselves were financially in the top rungs of the middle class, have always upheld the rights of individuals to equal opportunities. Bush plans to slash funds from public schools and give it out in the form of "vouchers" for private schooling. Works great for the wealthy, but the working stiffs need every dime they can get, they'll take the voucher, enroll the kiddies in a cheapo church school taught by church deacons, then go fishing with the leftovers--Need we get into this again?

Bush wants to deny the right of abortion. I have grandchildren; I sureashell ain't in favor of abortion. But nevertheless it is the woman's body, and even if laws were deemed constitutional, what would you do--chain the woman to a bed for 9 months?

Here's a good analogy for this and all elections: Robin Hood (Democrats) fights for the poor peasants who are forced to poach deer on the landlord's estate; The Sheriff of Nottingham (Repuglicans) fights to keep the people enslaved to the will of the powerful.

Make no mistake, it is a class struggle. Research the history of political competitions in this country. Roosevelt, who saved the nation from the Depression, was the victim of foul personal attacks. Lee Atwater, REagan's hatchet man, used Mellon Scaife's money to destroy the reputation of the most popular, the most effective president of the 20th century. B4 the '92 election, even Bob Dole and the Chamber of Commerce admitted that we needed universal health care. A $87 million television campaign convinced the people that it would bankrupt the nation.

Are you aware that we are the only industrialized nation on Earth that does not have health care for all?

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-00 AT 07:24PM (EDT)[/font][p]>Bush wants to deny the right of abortion. I have grandchildren; I sureashell ain't in favor of abortion. But nevertheless it is the woman's body, and even if laws were deemed constitutional, what would you do--chain the woman to
a bed for 9 months?

Gary, this argument asserts that because a woman has a right to control her own body, she therefore has a right to undergo an abortion for any reason she deems fit. Although it is not obvious that either the law or sound ethical reasoning supports such a strong view of personal autonomy (e.g., laws against prostitution and suicide), this pro-choice argument still logically fails even if we hypothetically grant that its strong view of personal autonomy is correct.

The unborn entity within the pregnant woman's body is not part of her body. The conceptus is a genetically distinct entity with its own unique and individual gender, blood type, bone-structure, and genetic code. Although the unborn entity is attached to its mother, it is not part of her.

To say that the unborn entity is part of its mother is to claim that the mother possesses four legs, two heads, two noses, and -- with the case of a male conceptus -- a penis and two testicles. Furthermore, since scientists have been able to achieve conception in a petri dish in the case of the "test-tube" baby, and this conceptus if it has white parents can be transferred to the body of a black woman and be born white, we know conclusively that the unborn is not part of the pregnant woman's body.

Certainly a woman has a right to control her own body, but the unborn entity, though for a time living inside her body, is not part of her body.

Hence, abortion is not justified, since no one's right to personal autonomy is so strong that it permits the arbitrary execution of others. In this respect this argument also begs the question, because it assumes that the unborn are not fully human.

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Gore was raised by a family
>that, although they themselves were
>financially in the top rungs
>of the middle class, have
>always upheld the rights of
>individuals to equal opportunities.
>Bush plans to slash funds
>from public schools and give
>it out in the form
>of "vouchers" for private schooling.
> Works great for the
>wealthy, but the working stiffs
>need every dime they can
>get, they'll take the voucher,
>enroll the kiddies in a
>cheapo church school taught by
>church deacons, then go fishing
>with the leftovers--Need we get
>into this again?

Gary, there you go again.

Please read this:

Al Gore Nominates Pro-School Voucher Running Mate

U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman has been a strong advocate for educational choice and school vouchers.

For Immediate Release
August 7, 2000

Redwood City - Presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Al Gore has selected U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman (a strong supporter of school vouchers) as his running mate.

"Senator Lieberman has a long history of supporting school vouchers as a way for parents to rescue their kids that have been trapped in failing schools," said Prop. 38 Yes, School Vouchers campaign manager Pat Rosenstiel. "His continued commitment to school vouchers would be a welcome message to the millions of California parents that want the opportunity to choose the best education for their child."

Source: www.38yes.com/presskit/releases/5.html

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Gary
I have not attacked you or insulted any person that does not share my opinion. When I asked the question why you attack the person that disagrees with you, the answer was that others attacked you personally. Has Rush Limbaugh said anything or used your name improperly?
I find it funny when a liberal insults some one and it is justified because they are liberal. When a conservative says something it is perceived to be callous.

The Hammer

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Bush forced a young woman to
>have an abortion a few
>years ago.
>Bush once stole a Christmas tree
>(and was convicted of it).
>
>Bush, drunk, drove his family into
>a tree.

Gary,

Is there any substantiation for these three assertions? If so, could you post the link here. I have seen these allegations before, and would be interested in reading documented proof of some kind about these items. All for the sake of my continuing education, you understand.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Gary
> I have not attacked you
>or insulted any person that
>does not share my opinion.
>When I asked the question
>why you attack the person
>that disagrees with you, the
>answer was that others attacked
>you personally. Has Rush Limbaugh
>said anything or used your
>name improperly?

Get real, dude. Of course Rush hasn't mentioned me personally. He merely calls every liberal a plethora of insulting names. I'm a nobody, but Mr. Limburgh's insults encompass all who have a differening opinion. I am a nobody, but apparently Geo Bush our esteemed 43rd prez sees in my ideas enough of a threat that HE attacked me personally. (Check back postings for his trashing of me and my spirited response.) As for you attacking me personally, checking back, no, I cannot find one instance of your doing so. But neither could I find a single instance of my attacking you, personally. I think your thinking is...faulty, but I am equally certain that you are a nice guy, Ace.

> I find it funny when
>a liberal insults some one
>and it is justified because
>they are liberal. When a
>conservative says something it is
>perceived to be callous.

Christ, Ace, tune in Limburger sometime, listen to the vileness of his tongue. If I chanted anti-conservative epithaphs nonstop for two months I wouldn't produce a third of the :censoredsign: produced by that hero of conservatism--and he's merely one of about three hundred, nationwide!

I don't find anything funny in the willingness of you rightwing followers to accept anything said by your "spokesmen" as gospel truth--without a shred of evidence, indeed contrary to all evidence and good commonsense, Falwell, Buchanan, Limburger for months pushed the sale of a disgusting video called "Clinton Chronicles," wherein Clinton is accused of ordering the murder of more than 55 to protect his presidency. I suppose you believe that bs, don't you?

I'm not asking you to take my word for anything: I'm merely suggesting that you open your eyes and ears, stop sucking the mucuous produced by the teams financed by a handful of right wing extremists. When one of your heroes makes a statement, b4 you fall into line--and tout the part line--demand that he/they produce evidence: stop basing your beliefs on someone else's "eyewitness accounts" and secret documents that had to be destroyed to protect the "sources." Actually, I'm asking that you behave like a responsible adult.

George W Bush

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Gary wrote:

"....I am a nobody, but apparently Geo Bush our esteemed 43rd prez sees in my ideas enough of a threat that HE attacked me personally. (Check back postings for his trashing of me and my spirited response.)..."

Give me a break. You actualy believe that I AM GW Bush?

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Gary wrote:
>
>"....I am a nobody, but apparently
>Geo Bush our esteemed 43rd
>prez sees in my ideas
>enough of a threat that
>HE attacked me personally.
>(Check back postings for his
>trashing of me and my
>spirited response.)..."
>
>Give me a break. You
>actualy believe that I AM
>GW Bush?

Actually, I KNOW you to be a spineless, clueless bs artist who hasn't the courage of his convictions. Sort of like the real Geo Dubya Bush, now that you mention it. Years ago, Elvis's recording of Suspicion was recorded by--I forget who--someone who sounded, in one DJ's words, "...more like Elvis than Elvis."

MY favorite line from your Bush impersonation is this one: "The thing I'm the most frightened about is that I unmistakably hope that the truth will prevail and that justice will be served before GAry or his presidential hopeful does any real damage...."

You sure you didn't lift that sentence from one of GW's speeches? The stilted, skewered and labored syntax sounds astonishingly like the man who "trusts the people to make the right choice."

I notice that after my #####-whupping response to your GWB snivel, you didn't respond till now. I discuss facts, you spout the stuff that comes out of a bull's full bladder when he's scared.

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>I notice that after my #####-whupping
>response to your GWB snivel,
>you didn't respond till now.
> I discuss facts, you
>spout the stuff that comes
>out of a bull's full
>bladder when he's scared.

Gary - Lets talk about not responding. I'm still waiting for your responses to my messages above about abortion and vouchers.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-00
>AT 07:24 PM (EDT)[/font]
>
>>Bush wants to deny the right of abortion. I have grandchildren; I sureashell ain't in favor of abortion. But nevertheless it is the woman's body, and even if laws were deemed constitutional, what would you do--chain the woman to
>a bed for 9 months?
>
>Gary, this argument asserts that because
>a woman has a right
>to control her own body,
>she therefore has a right
>to undergo an abortion for
>any reason she deems fit.

I refuse to argue the morality of abortion. I detest it, as any sane person would. As most Pro-Choice people do.

However, I again state that it is always--it must always be--the woman's choice. What is the alternative? Reverse Rose v. Wade, what'll you get? Butchery on back streets and in high school restrooms. Young girls committing suicide. Millions of unwanted babies to overflow our already crowded orphanages. I don't remember the exact figures, but I read somewhere that yearly, worldwide, there are about 18 million abortions of unwanted babies. Dr. Laura urges young women to have the baby, place it with an agency. How many unwanted children has this hypocrite adopted? Zilch! How many of those 18 million would you be willing to adopt?

The rich won't suffer from this--they'll fly off to Europe for a few days, and return thin ans spry, nobody the wiser.

The only way to prevent abortions is the chaining of pregnant women to beds for the entire nine months. It did not work before Roe v. Wade, it won't work now.

Didn't God himself grant to men and women a free will...the right to choose?

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>>Gore was raised by a family
>>that, although they themselves were
>>financially in the top rungs
>>of the middle class, have
>>always upheld the rights of
>>individuals to equal opportunities.
>>Bush plans to slash funds
>>from public schools and give
>>it out in the form
>>of "vouchers" for private schooling.
>> Works great for the
>>wealthy, but the working stiffs
>>need every dime they can
>>get, they'll take the voucher,
>>enroll the kiddies in a
>>cheapo church school taught by
>>church deacons, then go fishing
>>with the leftovers--Need we get
>>into this again?
>
>Gary, there you go again.
>
>Please read this:
>
>Al Gore Nominates Pro-School Voucher Running
>Mate
>
>U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman has been
>a strong advocate for educational
>choice and school vouchers.

That he once mentioned in a speech that school vouchers were worth a look hardly makes the man a "strong advocate."

Look at the source for this blatant political propaganda:
>..said Prop. 38 Yes, School
>Vouchers campaign manager Pat Rosenstiel.
>"His continued commitment to school
>vouchers would be....

Know how these things get on the ballot? Takes a helluva lot of money, guy, a lot of paid advertising to even get these things considered. And guess what! Every place these voucher things have been put up before the people, they've been defeated!

I'd agree to trying it, in this way: no cash outright in a "school voucher" that would be misspent in 98% of the cases, but as a tax deduction to those who submit proof that they have already enrolled their kids in a certified private school. Even then, it would not work. It'd help our schoolchildren about as well as Bush's "Texas miracle" has helped the poor babies who labor all year long to learn the answers to one test, which was designed strictly for Texas. But on the national tests, guess what, Texas' ranking has dropped, it has not increased on any subject.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You're gonna think it doesn't matter in a few months. He'll almost immediately turn the Mexican trucks loose in the American markets (Mexican truckers work for peanuts, so obviously these Mexican fleets will have a downward effect on freight rates, and therefore, on trucker pay.

One of two things gonna happen here.

If a few Democrats cave in to the threats, and the lure of large corporate "donations," the nation will suffer greatly from the Right's agenda. America's environment will be raped for profit; the economy will be manipulated into a downhill slide to justify Bush's 3 trillion dollar tax cut to the rich (for every 10 cents you get, millionaires will get $100); the already lax regulations on BIG business will disappear. (Here I must remind you of the negative effects of trucking deregulation--only a fool newbie would deny this).

Or, if the Democrats stand firm, nothing will get accomplished by Dubya.

For all our sakes, you ought to pray it's the latter.