Al (lets count them again) Gore

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well what has happened to our colleague Garry Addis. Gary I figured,based on what has happened over the last few days you would have had a lot to say.Are you disgusted with the Democrats litigating over any issue that they can find.I wonder why Al (lets count them again)Gore only wanted heavily favored Democratic Counties. In N Florida where I live Duval County went 68% for George Bush. Why not recount this County also?
One interesting item I heard today is that this is it for Al Gore. If he does not steal this election he is finished as the Democratic Nomination in 2004 is already signed,sealed and will be delivered to Hillary(what state do I live in ) Clinton,so Al Gore needs this one,unless Hillary self destructs in the Senate.
All of this is tongue in cheeck humor.Garry I while I don!t agree with you,I certainly enjoy disagreeing with you so come on back and give us some of your dialogue..

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Well what has happened to our
>colleague Garry Addis. Gary I
>figured,based on what has happened
>over the last few days
>you would have had a
>lot to say.Are you disgusted
>with the Democrats litigating
>over any issue that they
>can find.

Like all intelligent Americans, I am disgusted. But with the Hitleresque tactics employed by your pal, GW Bush.

I wonder why Al
>(lets count them again)Gore only
>wanted heavily favored Democratic Counties.

Have you been asleep or what. The Democrats over and over again invite a full hand recount of the entire state. The only counties that Bush wants to allow are Seminole et al. Seminole, you might remember (but I doubt it--your memory is selective), at Bush's request conducted a full hand recount and found 320 additional Bush votes. I don't recall that Bush has gone to court to block those votes.

>In N Florida where I
>live Duval County went 68%
>for George Bush. Why not
>recount this County also?

Because Georgie does not want it recounted. Because for it to be recounted he must give his approval of the FIRST time count of 10,700+ votes in Miami-Dade.

>One interesting item I heard today
>is that this is it
>for Al Gore. If he
>does not steal this election
>he is finished as
>the Democratic Nomination in 2004
>is already signed,sealed and will
>be delivered to Hillary(what state
>do I live in )
>Clinton,so Al Gore needs this
>one,unless Hillary self destructs in
>the Senate.
>All of this is tongue in
>cheeck humor.Garry I while I
>don!t agree with you,I certainly
>enjoy disagreeing with you so
>come on back and give
>us some of your dialogue..

What would you agree with? That we should roll over and give this election to the man who has done everythig within his power to deny the right to vote to those he knew in advance would not vote for him. Guess you missed the press conference given last week by the guy who invented the voting machine used. He stated for the record that manufacture of the machine used in Palm Beach County was discontinued after one year, because it failed so often! BTW, those machine could be jimmied quite easily. For example, a thicker, less flexible plastic backing could have been affixed to the ballots in key precincts.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Seriously, Rich, I honestly cannot understand why anyone -- least of all a man who tells us that he deserves to be president--would go to such extremes to deny 10,700 people the right to have their votes counted. These ballots were rejected twice by the machines. Even a quick cursory glance at each of these ballots would produce hundreds of legal but still uncounted votes. You think not? Then count them, and prove your point.

From the beginning, Bush strategy has been to block as many votes as possible. Vist one of the media outlets' exit polls, and you'll discover an amazing fact: the number that Gore was projected to win by corresponds to the numbers of the uncounted votes in those heavily Democratic counties. The Press did not have the projection wrong: Gore won Florida, and thereby won the Presidency.

Bush is an unprincipled chad--oops, I meant cad. Alan Dershowitz has it right: Bush's people used Gestapo tactics to intimidate electors to stop the hand recount in Miami Dade.

In Seminole County, a heavily Repuglican county, a Republican who lost his own election was appointed to an all-Republican board of electors two days before the bulk of absentee ballots began to arrive. He was left *alone* in the counting room with 4,000 rejected absentee ballots and the registration books of the county. In a few hours, guess what, all 4,000 that had been rejected due to lack of registration within the county, or were not signed and witnessed as required by law, suddenly appeared in the pile of accepted ballots; now they were all legally registered, and signed, and dated.

I repeat: do these Nazi thugs have no shame? How can you defend such tactics?

The only way this election can be legitimized is with a complete hand recount of the entire state. Experts say, BTW, that the entire state could revote, and be completely counted, with guaranteed accuracy, within two days.

The US Supreme Court will soon demonstrate the importance of this election, when they vote along partisan lines to discard the legally performed hand recount.

In two or three years, Rich, you will remember all this, and hang your head in shame. Bush will not be a president who is worthy of the trust of the people. In the end, his ascencion may be good for the nation, for it will demonstrate for many years that a Republican cannot be trusted with the welfare of the nation, at least not when it conflicts with the welfare of their corporate sponsors. Repugs outspent Democrats by nearly three-to-one: corporations do not make donations, they make investments.

The Hammer

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Gary,

I just read your impassioned posts regarding the theft of this election by George W. Bush and it dawned on me that I really don't know who this man is! For the past several years, Democrats and other Bush opponents have been relentless in portraying Dubya as an idiot, a fool, a stooge of the elite, a corporate lackey, and those are just some of the more printable comments. He's been characterized as being a business failure, a poor student, a destroyer of the environment, and a hater of the poor. Why, I believe that even some of your own posts over the past several weeks might have made a passing mention of this
rich boy's IQ deficiency:

"Okay, as to Bush's intelligence. Daddy Bush donated a dormitory to Dubya's university...might that not affect the grading applied to his papers? As for his work in the private sector, friend, as to his vaunted oil business, every well he sank was DRY. If his daddy had not been president, it is likely he would be in jail, for his part in the failure of a savings & loan."

"Duh. do you live in a fishbowl? It happens every day. You don't really believe that all those college graad-uuate basketball players can read their own biography, do you? Here's proof of Jr.s stupidity, out of George's own mouth: (Various Dubya quotes in which he misspeaks, utilizes malaprops, or in general, sounds like Yogi Berra.)"

"At least Ronnie Reagan could read the scripts they put in front of him. George admits that he hasn't read his own mother's best-selling book. (I don't like to read.") Some president he'd make."

Ironically, this same man that so many pundits and detractors have painted as the village idiot is also portrayed as a devious and calculating charlatan:

"Back to George W. Bush. He is not the problem. He is merely a convenient mouthpiece. A willing stooge for those who will rape the American treasury; those who will strip a mountain bare of trees; those who will pump raw chemicals into our rivers. Because they hide beneath a blanket called "corporation," these thieves and murderers do get away with murder."

"He and his CIA-operative daddy and his thieveing brother have probably succeeded in stealing this election. I'm sure the Democrats will be eager to work with this worm."

"In two or three years, Rich, you will remember all this, and hang your head in shame. Bush will not be a president who is worthy of the trust of the people. In the end, his ascencion may be good for the nation, for it will demonstrate for many years that a Republican cannot be trusted with the welfare of the nation, at least not when it conflicts with the welfare of their corporate sponsors. Repugs outspent Democrats by nearly three-to-one: corporations do not make donations, they make investments."

Now, Gary, I freely admit that the above quotes are taken out of context, but I believe they accurately represent your assessment of George W's personality traits. I confess however, that I'm left a little confused by the dichotomy; Is Dubya a complete and utter fool who has been guided through every step of the electoral process by his corporate puppet masters, OR is he in reality, a crafty, calculating devil who configured and orchestrated this fraudulent voting scheme that is worthy of Machiavelli himself?

For myself, I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on just who George W. Bush really is, because it appears that he has bamboozled and hoodwinked just about half of the American people into making him our Chief Executive for the next four years. Not bad for a complete dummy, huh?

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Important statistics:

Population of counties won by Gore: 127 million
Population of counties won by Bush: 143 million

Square miles of country won by Gore: 580,000
Square miles of country won by Bush: 2,427,000

States won by Gore: 19
States won by Bush: 29

Average Murders per 100,000 residents in counties won by Gore: 13.2

Average Murders per 100,000 residents in counties won by Bush: 2.1

Idiots in Florida: 19,000

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Gary,I don!t think I will ever hold my head in shame.We have had to put up with Bill Clinton for 8 years and that is enough shame for a lifetime. However when does this thing end? The democrats petioned for recounts in selected areas. They were given an additional week. The recounts were then certifed by county commisioners ,sent to the state ,certifed by a elected
state offical and them certifed by the Governor. Now we have to do it again. I am sure you are aware that there is a Federal Statue going back to 1887 that says" You cannot change election rules after an election has taken place". This is what Al!s people are trying to do.the ballot was ruled OK so why now is it up for review again.And that publicity :censoredsign: Jessie Jackson is as usual stirring the racial pot. I think when the dust settles we will be worse off as a country because Al cannot accept the fact that he lost.Many years ago I ran for a council seat where in the community that I lived in.I lost by 18 votes which is really only 10 who coould have voted the other way. This was out of 5000+votes cast.I didn!t whine and call for recounts but accepted my loss ,wished the winner the best of luck and got on with my life.Perhaps AG should do the same..Hey stay safe out there,we need you on this site..

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Gary,
... a passing mention
>of this
>rich boy's IQ deficiency:

That he is backed by a large, intelligent and well organized group of "advisers" does not prove his intelligence. No one ever accused Reagan of being too smart for his own good--during the last years of his reign, his own people admit, he was essentially a speech reader. Speeches written by others.

>
>
>Now, Gary, I freely admit that
>the above quotes are taken
>out of context, but I
>believe they accurately represent your
>assessment of George W's personality
>traits. I confess however,
>that I'm left a little
>confused by the dichotomy;
>Is Dubya a complete and
>utter fool

YES!

who has been
>guided through every step of
>the electoral process by
>his corporate puppet masters, OR
>is he in reality, a
>crafty, calculating devil who configured
>and orchestrated this fraudulent voting
>scheme that is worthy of
>Machiavelli himself?

YES, again. He has powerful friends, and morals that permit him to do anything to benefit himself.

>
>For myself, I'm anxious to hear
>your thoughts on just who
>George W. Bush really is,
>because it appears that he
>has bamboozled and hoodwinked just
>about half of the American
>people into making him our
>Chief Executive for the next
>four years. Not bad
>for a complete dummy, huh?

I remind you that he did not get a majority of the votes. The same repuglicans who so staunchly uphold the Constitutional electoral college today were among those who, before the election, were attmepting to set up an attack on the college--because, at one point, you may remember, pundits beleived that George would win popular vote but Gore would win electoral college. Well, guess what. Bush won neither.

It's not difficult, even in America, to steal an election if, like Bush and his handlers, the thief has a strong fanatical base.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Important statistics:
>
>
>Idiots in Florida: 19,000

Idiots in the US: 48% of the population.
They bought into the Limburg, Imus, David J. Smith rhetoric that all government is bad; that Bush will save them from the evil taxman.

It is no surprise that Bush is strong in areas of the nation that have few problems, that have a relatively rich populace. Grab yore gun, Annie-Mae, them infernal Revenooers is comin'!

None are so blind as those who will not see. You are middle class; therefore you don't want ANY public welfare programs. You are white; therefore...well, I won't accuse you of racial and/or sexist and/or... Suffice it to say that the Republican line is what you wish to hear.

>
>
>

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Gary,I don!t think I will
>ever hold my head in
>shame.

I can believe that.

We have had to put
>up with Bill Clinton for
>8 years and that is
>enough shame for a lifetime.

Because he was sexually immoral?
Bush forced a young woman to have an abortion a few years ago.
Bush once stole a Christmas tree (and was convicted of it).
Bush, drunk, drove his family into a tree.

>However when does this thing
>end? The democrats petioned for
>recounts in selected areas. They
>were given an additional week.

Not right. Harris, The Bush toady, ordered the counties to stop the recount! Only Volusia County ignored her and continued the count. The other counties have not had a single uninterrupted week to conduct the count. Can you spell "delay?"

Today, after Leon County judge had ordered two counties to produce all questionable ballots by Saturday (and both said they would produce the votes tomorrow morning), Bush attorneys ran in crying, demanding that 650,000 ballots be produced. Delay tactics. They wanted the judge to put off his decision until two days before the electoral college meets.

Florida repug controlled legislature promises to send their own slate of electors up if Gore is PROVEN the winner when all the votes finally are counted. If the US Supreme Court rises above the partisan politics to do what is right.

What, pray tell, are they afraid of? Obviously, Bush's handlers are scared to death of the voice of the people.

>The recounts were then certifed
>by county commisioners ,sent to
>the state

Are you deaf and dumb and blind? Harris ORDERED the ballots to be certified--they were "certified" if you wish to call it that, under protest.

,certifed by a
>elected
> state offical and them
>certifed by the Governor.

Same answer: the same political hack at work.

Now
>we have to do it
>again.

When it is done right ONCE, then it will end. Or will it? No, because Bush--that staunch defender of states' rights-- is threatening to steal the election in the Federal and/or Florida legislatures.

I am sure you
>are aware that there is
>a Federal Statue going back
>to 1887 that says" You
>cannot change election rules after
>an election has taken place".
>This is what Al!s people
>are trying to do.the ballot
>was ruled OK so why
>now is it up for
>review again.

Who ruled it "okay?" Bush and his handlers.

And that publicity :censoredsign:
>Jessie Jackson is as usual
>stirring the racial pot.

I do believe that the racial pot was stirred by Bush's brother Bush, who ordered his people to give Florida to George at all costs. Including fraud.

I remind you of the fraud in Seminole County. Look it up. Over a 10-day period after the election, two REpublicans were allowed to enter in the county books the registrations of 4,700. These ballots were then taken out and mailed back to the office so they'd have a postmark.

I
>think when the dust settles
>we will be worse off
>as a country because Al
>cannot accept the fact that
>he lost.

We certainly will be worse off as a country, no matter who wins, we the people lose. What is so difficult to comprehend about this?

All the votes should be counted.

..Hey stay safe
>out there,we need you on
>this site..

Yeah, after a month home on medical, I'll be going back on the road tomorrow. I'm OTR long-haul, so I'll be off line for about 3 weeks.

May the best man win.
(Gore is the best man, but Bush will probably become the bridegroom.)

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>http://www.expeditersonline.com/dcforum/User_files/38f6ab916b891a19.jpg
>Lawrence McCord
>
>Beaker,
>
>Those are interesting stats!:7 Do you
>know the source? Thanks!
>
>Lawrence
>Expediters Online.Com

Stats, rats. The only statistic that ought to count is that Al Gore scored 300,000+ more votes. We are one nation. Interesting, isn't it, that Bush--the most rabid defender of states' rights--has gone to the Federal government to deny a state's rights.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
"I am sure there is a place for
young George Bush somewhere.
However, in light of his grades
on the LSAT exams, that place
is not the School of Law at the
University of Texas." - Dean
Page Keeton's letter explaining
the school's rejection of Dubya

How else to explain that a
man as unqualified to be
President as George W. Bush
is even close to Al Gore in the
race for the presidency? There
is an ugly strain in the
American subconscious that
likes to deride intelligence
("that's just fuzzy math") as
somehow indicating some
deeper personal/moral flaw in
the intelligent individual.
Politicians like George W.
Bush know this and try to
take advantage of it. What's
worse, the media is a willing
vehicle for this kind of ugly
prejudice.

George W. Bush is not just an
idiot. He's an idiot, proud of
it, and thinks his intellectual
inabilities actually make him
more qualified to be
President.

The scary thing is that so
many people agree with him.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Dear Governor and President-in-Waiting Bush:

This has to be the first time in our history that a candidate who is losing BOTH the popular vote AND the electoral vote insists on being anointed President of the United States.

I can understand why you expect this title to be yours. You have spent your entire life having everything handed to you. You have never had to earn your place. Money and name alone have opened every door for you. Without effort or hard work or intelligence or ingenuity, you have been bequeathed a life of privilege.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Continuation to an Open Letter to Geo W Bush Jr:

You learned at an early age that, in America, all someone
like you has to do is show up. You found yourself
admitted to a wealthy New England boarding school
simply because your name was Bush. You did not have to
EARN your place there. It was bought for you.

You then learned you could get into Yale with a "C"
average. Other, more deserving, students who had
worked hard for 12 years to earn their place at Yale were
denied admittance. You got in because your name was
Bush.

You got into Harvard the same way. After screwing off
during your four years at Yale -- and maintaining your
"C" average -- you took someone's else's seat at Harvard,
a seat that they had EARNED.

You then pretended to serve a full stint in the Texas Air
National Guard. But one day, according to the Boston
Globe, you just skipped out and didn't report back for a
year and a half to your unit. You didn't have to earn your
military record because your name was Bush.

After a number of "lost years" that don't appear in your
official biography, you were given job after job by your
daddy and other family members -- jobs you didn't have
to earn. No matter how many of your business ventures
failed, there was always another one waiting to be
handed to you. Finally, you got to be a partner in a ball
team -- another gift -- even though you put up only
1/100 of the money for the team. And then you
convinced the taxpayers of Arlington, Texas, to give you
another perk -- a brand-new multi-million dollar
stadium.

So it is no wonder to me why you think you deserve to be
named President. You've haven't earned it or won it --
therefore it must be yours!

And you see nothing wrong with this.

Why should you? It is the only life you have ever known.

I will never forget the footage of you sitting in your
governor's mansion the night of the election when it was
first declared that Gore had won Florida. Surrounded by
poppy and mommy, and on the phone to your brother
the governor of Florida, you were a picture of calm. You
had not a worry in the world. You told the press that
your brother had assured you Florida was yours. If a
Bush said it was so, it was so.

But it ain't so. And when it dawned on you that the
Presidency had to be earned and won by a vote of the
people -- yes, the people! -- you went berserk. You sent
in hatchet man James Baker ("F--- the Jews, they don't
vote for us anyway" was his advice to Poppy in '92) to tell
lies to the American people and stoke the nation's fears.
When that didn't work, you went to federal court and
sued to stop the votes from being counted because you
knew how the vote would turn out.

What kills me is how you have turned to the big, bad,
federal government for help! Was not your mantra,
during every campaign stop, the following line:

"My opponent trusts the federal government. I TRUST
YOU, THE PEOPLE!"

So now we learn the truth. You don't trust the people at
all. You went running to the FEDERAL court to get your
handout ("Trust the machines, not the people," you
pleaded). But the judge didn't buy it, and for perhaps the
first time in your life, someone said "no" to you.

What will you do now? According to the New York Times,
90% of your campaign funds came from just 775
American millionaires. Oh, that they could bail you out
of this mess! I wouldn't count on them -- it's not like they
have suffered financially under Clinton/Gore. They know
they will do just fine with the Kissin' Fool. I think, my
friend, you are on your own.

Mr. Bush, your only hope is that Gore will wimp out and
throw in the towel. There is ample evidence of how
Democrats love to cave. You and your right-wing friends
know the Democrats are weak-kneed and spineless. You
remember how Al Gore and all the Democrats voted to
put that anti-abortion zealot Scalia on the Supreme
Court -- and how 11 Democrats made the difference in
placing Clarence Thomas there, too?

That's your ticket. Spook Gore and his party into
believing a focus group is mad at them, take a phony poll
that backs that up, get the gasbag pundits to yammer
and hammer him and maybe, just maybe, you'll get the
latest plum prize that is not yours to have.

Shame, Mr. Bush, have you no shame?

Graybeard

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Let's remember Forest Gore had a good teacher, a guy buy the name of Bill (depends on what the standard of vote is is) Clinton. If you would just let Gores people count the votes and burn the ballots thing would be alright.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Let's remember Forest Gore had a
>good teacher, a guy buy
>the name of Bill (depends
>on what the standard of
>vote is is) Clinton. If
>you would just let Gores
>people count the votes and
>burn the ballots thing would
>be alright.

Who is counting the votes? Democrats, Republicans and Independents, in a glass-fronted room filled to overflowing with cameras, observers of all parties, and glued to their tv sets, the eyes of millions of American citizens. Contrast this openness to the absentee ballot manipulation conducted by unmonitored REpublicans in Seminole County.

Gore is clearly the winner. The proof of that statement is the lengths that Bush's clan is going to to keep the ballot from being counted. Bush trusts the people? Get real. Bush is a defender of states' rights? Let's give the presidency to ol' "machines are superior to humanity" Bush.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Even that bastion liberal newspaper the Washington Post has called for AG to give it up.One thing for sure is that the world who looks upon us ALL as a bunch of dumb a-- truckers has never reviwed this site..

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Gary you always attack the character of people that disagree with you. Can you tell me why you make everything personal?
I have read allot of your comments but I can not recall you telling us why you Believe VP.Gore would make a better President. What has he done in his political or business life to warrant being President.

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Lawerence I wonder why you never asked Gary A. where he gets his stats.
Remember the Electoral vote is what matters.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Lawerence I wonder why you never
>asked Gary A. where he
>gets his stats.
>Remember the Electoral vote is what
>matters.

Unlike some of you fellows, I don't have all the answers--I seldom produce "stats." For statistics you have to rely on the "research" of those so-called conservative think tanks.

The Heritage Foundation; The Landmark Legal Foundation; Independent Women's Forum; Americans for Tax Reform; Accuracy in Media Foundation, all are funded almost exclusively by Richard Mellon Scaife, an 80-yr old billionaire--between '88 and '94 he "donated" $140 million to the propagandizing of US citizens.

THe ATR is especially viral: this group provides "grants" to slugs like Rush Limburger.

Any facts I present are garnered from mainstream media. I watch, I listen, I read. I then form my own opinions, based on my own experiences and, yes, my very own bias against conservative dogma.